Biographical Info

Tour of Duty: 4 yr

Badge Number: 37

Incident Details

Cause of Death: Gunfire

Date of Incident: Monday, January 12, 1998

Weapon Used: Rifle; .30 caliber

Suspect Info: Sentenced to death

Deputy Dinkheller was shot and killed after pulling over a man on a rural road about 6 miles north of Dublin, Georgia. During the traffic stop he called in for backup. Before the backup arrived he was shot by the man with a rifle. He was able to return fire, striking the suspect in the stomach. The suspect was found during a search the next morning and taken into custody. The incident was videotaped by an a camera in the cruiser. On January 28, 2000, the suspect was found guilty of murder and on January 30 was sentenced to death.

Deputy Dinkheller is survived by his pregnant wife and 22-month-old daughter. Deputy Dinkheller's son was born in early September, 1998.

That doesn't look like an AK-47 to me (more like a Mini-30). Anyone who argues against Tazers needs to see that video. Political correctness is about as responsible as anything else for the result of that encounter. The officer should have plugged the guy when he wouldn't follow his instructions but they've been browbeaten not to use their weapon or "excessive" force and now the guy is dead because he hesitated.

THAT should be a story on the evening news.

That doesn't look like an AK-47 to me (more like a Mini-30).  Anyone who argues against Tazers needs to see that video.  Political correctness is about as responsible as anything else for the result of that encounter.  The officer should have plugged the guy when he wouldn't follow his instructions but they've been browbeaten not to use their weapon or "excessive" force and now the guy is dead because he hesitated.

THAT should be a story on the evening news.

451204[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with this any more. After being asked to "get back" for the 14th time, he needed a good tazing. When he went back into his truck after all that "shoot me" stuff, he needed a good shooting.

-Jeff

I couldn't agree with this any more.  After being asked to "get back" for the 14th time, he needed a good tazing. When he went back into his truck after all that "shoot me" stuff, he needed a good shooting.

-Jeff

451281[/snapback]

You DO realize, that there are people who would disagree with you on this.

Its a Shame isnt it, remember this......... :lol: