Katrina, get blown away

erynthered

I'm okay with it so far. The guys applied for a trademark. No big deal. If the drinks were on the market now, I'd say that it's a bit too soon. If they bring out the drink in 2 years after the city has fully recovered, everyone will be drinking "Katrinas" on Bourbon St. and having a good laugh.

I remember seeing t-shirts back in the day saying "Hugo kicked my a$$". Same thing. We take tragedy and turn it into humor. Remember the tourist guy phenomenom after 9/11?

I'm okay with it so far.  The guys applied for a trademark.  No big deal.  If the drinks were on the market now, I'd say that it's a bit too soon.  If they bring out the drink in 2 years after the city has fully recovered, everyone will be drinking "Katrinas" on Bourbon St. and having a good laugh.

I remember seeing t-shirts back in the day saying "Hugo kicked my a$$".  Same thing.  We take tragedy and turn it into humor.  Remember the tourist guy phenomenom after 9/11?

450827[/snapback]

Well, with the hand grenade yoou get a plastic hand grenade, and with the shark attack, you get your toy shark and plastic diver...

so should the katrina come with a plastic figure floating in the drink? (ok, that was bad... <_< )