Bills/Falcons in HD this week

BuffalOhio

Amen ! I was getting pissed. I paid $99.00 for the Superfan package where they advertise all games in HD. Well the first two weeks the Bills were not in high def ! I should get a partial refund !

450299[/snapback]

You could've gotten it for free if you would've read the Consumer Forums... (assuming you didn't just sign up for the Ticket this week).

CW

unless it's broadcast on a local channel that doesnt broadcast in HD

450325[/snapback]

Yeah. Like here in Atlanta.

Saturday the DTV installer guy is coming to install the over the antenna (to supplement the existing HD receiver). Don't know whether it will work or not. We're about 25 miles from the towers, and probably at a lower elevation.

unless it's broadcast on a local channel that doesnt broadcast in HD

450325[/snapback]

Great. It's scheduled to be on Fox-5 here in the DC Area. It says, either Falcons/Bills or Bucs/Packers. Now I have to Tivo two different channels to make sure I get it, because I won't be home until 4 PM that day.

GD broadcast rights; they won't show it on 721 because it's broadcasting locally. I hate when this happens. $@@!&&*(#@#$%&&^!

It's even worse if the game becomes a blowout and they switch to another game......

I need more Tivos......

Great.  It's scheduled to be on Fox-5 here in the DC Area.  It says, either Falcons/Bills or Bucs/Packers.  Now I have to Tivo two different channels to make sure I get it, because I won't be home until 4 PM that day.

GD broadcast rights; they won't show it on 721 because it's broadcasting locally.  I hate when this happens.  $@@!&&*(#@#$%&&^!

It's even worse if the game becomes a blowout and they switch to another game......

I need more Tivos......

450348[/snapback]

Just thank your lucky Stars the Skins are not playing a 4.00pm game. Then we would all be poop out a luck here in the mid atlantic.

And no matter how many tivos ya got, it cant record something that aint on!!

Great.  It's scheduled to be on Fox-5 here in the DC Area.  It says, either Falcons/Bills or Bucs/Packers.  Now I have to Tivo two different channels to make sure I get it, because I won't be home until 4 PM that day.

GD broadcast rights; they won't show it on 721 because it's broadcasting locally.  I hate when this happens.  $@@!&&*(#@#$%&&^!

I need more Tivos......

450348[/snapback]

You should be able to pull up your program guide and set it to see what's on your Fox station at 1:00 Sunday. It's supposed to lock in on what game they will be carrying - but I agree, if I were in your shoes I wouldn't take the chance either and would TiVo both!

i called DTV about their all games in HD adervistments and they said only 8 out of the 13 games per week are in HD.

450582[/snapback]

Nowhere have they advertised all games in HD. All games that are BROADCAST in HD are available. Blame CBS for only recording three games a week in HD.

CW

Nowhere have they advertised all games in HD.  All games that are BROADCAST in HD are available.  Blame CBS for only recording three games a week in HD.

CW

450689[/snapback]

I believe FOX can broadcast up to 6 games and CBS only 3.

When you take into consideration bye weeks, Thanksgiving week, a couple of Thursday games, and late season Saturday games, there are often less than 14 (exclude the 2 night games on ESPN & ABC) games shown on Sunday. So if the average Sunday has only 12 games, that's roughly 75% of Sunday afternoon games that could be shown in HD.

Unfortunately, the premier games are most often in HD and frequently shown locally as the game of the week or double-header. Without local HD connectivity, that percentage goes down. That's kind of my situation this week, Unless the DTV guys can hook me up with local antenna reception, I'm stuck watching in regular old 4:3 ratio analog TV. Worse still is the fact that if I want to watch in my new HD screen media room with the comfy recliners, the picture quality will be inferior to the 36" Sony CRT in the living room. *

With the explosion of HD television sales, media rooms, and interest in superior picture and sound quality, I have to believe this will be the final year the NFL will tolerate the unavailablility of HD programming for all games.

* This sounds very whine-y in light of the suffering some are experiencing from the recent hurricanes damage. Keeping this all in perspective, I'm very grateful for all I have and I pray that the hurricane victims will one day be able to view the Bills in high def on a big screen.

Worse still is the fact that if I want to watch in my new HD screen media room with the comfy recliners, the picture quality will be inferior to the 36" Sony CRT in the living room. *

That's why I ended up having to watch the Bills/Bucs game on my 32" TV instead of my new HT room; the picture looked like crap on the projector :(

Now THIS week on the other hand... <_< Have I mentioned that I can't wait?! :(

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=30501&st=60

CW

What's the deal?? Over here virtually all our TV is broadcast in 16:9 not 4:3.. I don't think we have HD yet on these shores - but I am not sure of the difference, because we've been recieving digital satellite for years, and soon (2007) all TVs in the UK will be digital...

How come the NFL is broadcast at 4:3 aprt from HD??? And how is HD different from digital?

What's the deal?? Over here virtually all our TV is broadcast in 16:9 not 4:3.. I don't think we have HD yet on these shores - but I am not sure of the difference, because we've been recieving digital satellite for years, and soon (2007) all TVs in the UK will be digital...

How come the NFL is broadcast at 4:3 aprt from HD??? And how is HD different from digital?

451226[/snapback]

Everything here is broadcast in 4:3, unless it's HD. No idea why though... That's a history lesson for Google to solve at some point. <_<

As for how HD is different than digital -- digital and analog are simply two delivery mechanisms, just like "cell phone vs walkie talkie." We've had sattelite here for years as well as digital cable (vs analog cable). The difference with HD is that the picture has a lot more information -- even higher picture quality than a DVD -- as does the audio. Think of VHS vs Laserdisk. Both are (technically) analog, but Laserdisk has a much better picture quality.

CW

Everything here is broadcast in 4:3, unless it's HD.  No idea why though...  That's a history lesson for Google to solve at some point. <_<

As for how HD is different than digital -- digital and analog are simply two delivery mechanisms, just like "cell phone vs walkie talkie."  We've had sattelite here for years as well as digital cable (vs analog cable).  The difference with HD is that the picture has a lot more information -- even higher picture quality than a DVD -- as does the audio.  Think of VHS vs Laserdisk.  Both are (technically) analog, but Laserdisk has a much better picture quality.

CW

451240[/snapback]

Thanks Chris...

The whole HD conversation hasn't even started yet - which is why I'm not up to speed. Oh and once you start getting TV in 16:9, you really dont want to go back ever. Those ablated heads of 4:3 picture on a 16:9 TV are so annoying.

Thanks Chris...

The whole HD conversation hasn't even started yet - which is why I'm not up to speed. Oh and once you start getting TV in 16:9, you really dont want to go back ever. Those ablated heads of 4:3 picture on a 16:9 TV are so annoying.

451243[/snapback]

Most (all?) 16x9 TVs over here have a "stretch" feature, which basically makes the 4:3 picture use all of a 16:9 display. That's probably what you're seeing. The TVs here have the ability to turn that off (and you should always do that -- watch the OAR -- Original Aspect Ratio).

And football in HD (or even just 16:9) is awesome -- you can see the punter AND the punt returner on the screen at the same time. Bliss.

When we were in London for our honeymoon, we noticed that the TV there had a cool feature where you could pull up news, sports scores, etc, in text on the screen. Sort of like a mini-internet. That was pretty cool (and the only way I could find out the scores of the Bills games). Not sure what it was called though; is that a standard feature over there?

CW

Most (all?) 16x9 TVs over here have a "stretch" feature, which basically makes the 4:3 picture use all of a 16:9 display.  That's probably what you're seeing.  The TVs here have the ability to turn that off (and you should always do that -- watch the OAR -- Original Aspect Ratio).

And football in HD (or even just 16:9) is awesome -- you can see the punter AND the punt returner on the screen at the same time.  Bliss.

When we were in London for our honeymoon, we noticed that the TV there had a cool feature where you could pull up news, sports scores, etc, in text on the screen.  Sort of like a mini-internet.  That was pretty cool (and the only way I could find out the scores of the Bills games).  Not sure what it was called though; is that a standard feature over there?

CW

451249[/snapback]

Yeah almost all TV over here is Interactive - much like what I imagine DTV does with Sunday Ticket? Anywho - pretty much at all times you can flick on the interactive Tv and see additional footage/angles/info/news/etc about that programme. They do it best for Soccer where they have 5 different cameras you can watch with, and a 6th focussed on a particular player only... If you liked that soprt of thing you could isolate aplayer and TiVo him to see how he plays...

They want to introduce Sunday Ticket in the UK using exactly this method. Show one game 'live' on the main channel and have the others on a menu in the interactive TV element. They do it now with Champions League soccer where a highlight game will be picked,but the 8 remaining games are shown on the same channel on interactive.