One thing I like about JP

Is his attitude after a loss. just saw his tidbit on sounds of the game. he sounded genuinely PISSED off at himself and the rest of the team for the effort. You never got that from Bledsoe. It would seem competitiveness will not be a problem with JP. He's got fire.

I like the fact that when others try to sugar coat it and help him out with the "young qb" excuse he pushes it aside and basically says, "No, I dont want to be that guy!"

He is very driven, and I think that will lead to great sucess in the long run, but in the short term I think it is part of the problem. His side line tosses were uncatchable out of bounds IMO probably trying too hard to throw it where the defender can't get to it, unfortunately the receiver can't either. He has spent alot of time studying film, working on his mechanics, and I think he has overloaded his head and is thinking too much. He needs to go out there and just play.

I really like the fact that he is not the most inaccurate passer in the league.

449867[/snapback]

Sorry, not true. I asked the link in your signature if JP was the most inaccurate passer in the league. The response: "As I see it, yes." :blink:

Is his attitude after a loss. just saw his tidbit on sounds of the game. he sounded genuinely PISSED off at himself and the rest of the team for the effort. You never got that from Bledsoe. It would seem competitiveness will not be a problem with JP. He's got fire.

449791[/snapback]

I agree....I actually don't think people give him enough credit for all that he did this offseason. The guy is determined to be a success. He's got the talent....he's got the attitude....he's got the work ethic. All he needs is enough time to get used to the speed of the game and get some game seasoning and I think he's going to be a heckuva player. We have enough talent on this offense that we should be able to do a much better job at minimizing his inadequacies than we did in the Tampa game. It's a friggin disgrace that Josh Reed is the leading receiver on this team. Moulds and Evans have got to step up their games and Willis needs to take this offense on his back and deliver.

I haven't heard many, but the times I have heard him speak - I love the guy. He is a breath of fresh air. He may end up being a bust, but he gets it. He speaks honestly, he sounds like he is having fun, and he has said such things as "I try very hard to put a good PRODUCT on the field." I think he has is stojan together...

I agree....I actually don't think people give him enough credit for all that he did this offseason. The guy is determined to be a success.  He's got the talent....he's got the attitude....he's got the work ethic. All he needs is enough time to get used to the speed of the game and get some game seasoning and I think he's going to be a heckuva player. We have enough talent on this offense that we should be able to do a much better job at minimizing his inadequacies than we did in the Tampa game. It's a friggin disgrace that Josh Reed is the leading receiver on this team. Moulds and Evans have got to step up their games and Willis needs to take this offense on his back and deliver.

450009[/snapback]

For that to happen, we're going to have to wait another 2 years. By that time, our D will not be as good as it is right now even though they laid an egg Sunday.

For that to happen, we're going to have to wait another 2 years.  By that time, our D will not be as good as it is right now even though they laid an egg Sunday.

450179[/snapback]

Why do you think it will take that long? Carson Palmer really began to come around last season, and this year they are clearly a playoff contender. With the exception of our line, I feel we have more talent at almost every position than the Bengals do. As much as I am excited about JP, if he's not making clear strides by midseason I will probably begin advocating for Holcomb. We are a playoff caliber team THIS year and we need to do whatever it takes to get there.

The one thing I don't like about him is he seems very gun shy.

He seems to skeptic of himself of making a mistake, and never seems to pull the trigger, which leads to him holding onto the ball to long or scrambling for yards.

450093[/snapback]

WARNING... A DB blame game below: :blink::)

That dysfunction probably comes from spending a year under DB.

Kinda like a younger kid that has an effed up older sibling. After hearing the parents drill the right message into the problem child... The opposite is bound to happen with the other. Now JP is afraid to make a mistake! :(

Then again... I am no child/QB psychol.

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

:(:doh:

Why do you think it will take that long? Carson Palmer really began to come around last season, and this year they are clearly a playoff contender. With the exception of our line, I feel we have more talent at almost every position than the Bengals do. As much as I am excited about JP, if he's not making clear strides by midseason I will probably begin advocating for Holcomb. We are a playoff caliber team THIS year and we need to do whatever it takes to get there.

450196[/snapback]

Just for kicks, I pulled up Brett Favre's initial career stats as JP is considered as having similar potential to him.

PASSING

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

1991 Atlanta Falcons 2 0 4 0 0.0 0 0.00 0 0 2 1/11 0 0 0.0

1992 Green Bay Packers 15 13 471 302 64.1 3227 6.85 76 18 13 34/208 30 9 85.3

1993 Green Bay Packers 16 16 522 318 60.9 3303 6.33 66 19 24 30/199 37 5 72.2

1994 Green Bay Packers 16 16 582 363 62.4 3882 6.67 49 33 14 31/188 44 4 90.7

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1028

He did very well in his first season with the Packers and took off after his third. I do not count his year with Atlanta. So, the first year with the Pack would be a safe yardstick to measure JP with. It goes without saying that if JP comes even 75% of what favre achieved, we will be fine as Favre did not have much of a defense to support him (no stats to support this, but just memory).

favre actually suffered a slump in 1993 as he fell from TD-INt-rating of 18-13-85.3 to 19-24-72.2.

Not sure where I am going with this, but it is useful to put JP's performance this year in perspective. Not every QB will be a Ben R.

did yall watch the monday night game. the saints were getting killed, but the whole time the saints QB was laughing and smiling all throughout the game. even after the picks.

1 time in particular i remember, is when their WR was injured in the endzone, after catching a TD. his WR was hurt, but he didnt seem to care. just smiling. even though his team was getting killed.

I also really like JPs attitude on and off the field. Even if he does end up not being that good (which I don't think will happen) it won't be for lack of effort or motivation. The guy wants it bad and works his butt off for it and I LOVE his competitive attiude.

Of course... I also like JP for his looks...but that's another topic... :D