Rita

diver

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of the oil industry experts here have any thoughts on the potential impact of Rita?  Are there a lot of refineries in the impact area?  Are we in for a $.40 bump in gas prices next week?

449972[/snapback]

From what I've heard:

There'll be an impact.

Yes.

Yes.

Look at it this way: between Katrina and Rita, probably 80%+ of the platforms in the Gulf will have had production interrupted by hurricanes this season. That's a pretty serious interruption. :blink:

From what I've heard:

There'll be an impact.

Yes.

Yes.

Look at it this way: between Katrina and Rita, probably 80%+ of the platforms in the Gulf will have had production interrupted by hurricanes this season.  That's a pretty serious interruption.  :blink:

449978[/snapback]

Yup...that's what I figured. :)

Wow man, by looking at the IR loop, Rita looks like she reaches from the Yucatan Peninsula to all but the extreme western Florida panhandle and extending east out to the Atlantic .  She's looking huge...

registration may be required

450059[/snapback]

It's an optical illusion. It will blow over shortly. Don't worry we'll just hunker down in the convention center and not tell anyone we're here. It will be okay.

Well, yeah the guys from Eugene probably would.  :blink:

450073[/snapback]

Ever see the movie "Bedazzled" with Brandon Fraser and Liz Hurley?

There is a scene where he asks to be the most sensitive guy. He starts crying, etc... over a song about dolphins.

Yeah I could see that being out there. :)

Ever see the movie "Bedazzled" with Brandon Fraser and Liz Hurley? 

There is a scene where he asks to be the most sensitive guy.  He starts crying, etc... over a song about dolphins. 

Yeah I could see that being out there.  :)

450078[/snapback]

:blink: Well done.

Now where is ajzepp at?