The #1 Defense in the NFL...

Rubes

Ah yes another writer who blames the poor play of the defense against a decent offense on the Bills offense. I didn't see anybody on the offense missing tackles, or getting blown off the ball, or playing out of position. But you know your probably right it was Bledsoe's fault. Every time the defense opens their mouth and touts how good they are it only emphasizes the poor performances they have had against any decent offensive team.

Ah yes another writer who blames the poor play of the defense against a decent offense on the Bills offense.  I didn't see anybody on the offense missing tackles, or getting blown off the ball, or playing out of position. But you know your probably right it was Bledsoe's fault.  Every time the defense opens their mouth and touts how good they are it only emphasizes the poor performances they have had against any decent offensive team.

448110[/snapback]

Ah yes, another writer who knows more than everybody else.

I sure as hell don't think the defense played a great game, but I still think the defense would have been better if the offense had done anything to stay on the field longer. You don't agree? Who cares.

Ah yes, another writer who knows more than everybody else.

I sure as hell don't think the defense played a great game, but I still think the defense would have been better if the offense had done anything to stay on the field longer. You don't agree? Who cares.

The defense would have played a lot better is a) Fletcher didn't get hurt and b) the offense was able to sustain drives. It would have been nice if the ST's from last year showed up as well.

One of the disturbing facts in that stat is our D is 10/24 on 3rd downs..

that is a whopping 41%.....The D has to get off the field on 3rd and longs....

448206[/snapback]

This is why I think people need to quit thumping their chests about our defensive rank. Last year our vaunted #2 defense was 36% on 3rd down, only 13th in the league. We were a good defense, but not a great one, as evidenced by several key collapses.

The defense would have played a lot better is a) Fletcher didn't get hurt and b) the offense was able to sustain drives.  It would have been nice if the ST's from last year showed up as well.

448266[/snapback]

[sARCASM]Come on everyone knows the real reason our defense is so bad is because we let Antoine Winfield, Pat Williams, Sam Cowart, Keith Newman, Ken Irvin and Ted Cotrell get away and sign with Minnesota.[/sARCASM]