anyone know where i can find regulations

The Poojer

for inhome day care in the commonwealth of VA. Our babysitter is being "harrassed" by a neighbor about her in-home "unlicsenced"(wow, terrible speeling) child care. I am currently googling, but i don't know where to begin. this neighbor has gone so far as to send a letter to our babysitters landlord. It is ugly!

From the thread, it sounds like she needs to be licensed or registered.

In NY, you can have 3 kids full time with no license. With a license you can have up to eight kids per one adult. An infant counts as two kids, which is why they cost more.

NY has very stringent regulations. If your provider is doing it right, she can tell the neighbor to STFU.

BTW: refer to this person as your Day Care Provider and not your "babysitter". My wife does daycare and she hates being called a babysitter. Just friendly advice. :)

for inhome day care in the commonwealth of VA.  Our babysitter is being "harrassed" by a neighbor about her in-home "unlicsenced"(wow, terrible speeling) child care.  I am currently googling, but i don't know where to begin.  this neighbor has gone so far as to send a letter to our babysitters landlord.  It is ugly!

447970[/snapback]

thanks this about sums up what I need, she does not have 4 under 2, and I know if the revenooer comes calling there are other cash families that will come to her rescue! thanks for the leg work!

"Family day home" means a child day program offered in the residence of the provider or the home of any of the children in care for one through 12 children under the age of 13, exclusive of the provider's own children and any children who reside in the home, when at least one child receives care for compensation. From July 1, 1993, until July 1, 1996, family day homes serving nine through 12 children, exclusive of the provider's own children and any children who reside in the home, shall be licensed. Effective July 1, 1996, family day homes serving six through 12 children, exclusive of the provider's own children and any children who reside in the home, shall be licensed. However, no family day home shall care for more than four children under the age of two, including the provider's own children and any children who reside in the home, unless the family day home is licensed or voluntarily registered. However, a family day home where the children in care are all grandchildren of the provider shall not be required to be licensed.

Google is your freind there NJ Sue, errr.  I mean Pooj. 

http://nrc.uchsc.edu/STATES/VA/virginia.htm

448012[/snapback]

yeah i know, i hate calling her a babysitter. its just quicker

From the thread, it sounds like she needs to be licensed or registered.

In NY, you can have 3 kids full time with no license. With a license you can have up to eight kids per one adult. An infant counts as two kids, which is why they cost more.

NY has very stringent regulations. If your provider is doing it right, she can tell the neighbor to STFU.

BTW: refer to this person as your Day Care Provider and not your "babysitter". My wife does daycare and she hates being called a babysitter. Just friendly advice.  :)

448050[/snapback]