VABills I reviewed the tape and McGahee whiffed

Fake-Fat Sunny

It's easier to roll a righty to his right, than his left, and vice versa.  The mechanics involved, setting his feet and getting his hips turned, makes it tougher to make a strong, accurate toss.  It's something that's taught to young QBs (especially option QBs) and by HS, most kids know what it takes.  The only problem is when there is backside pursuit (real or imagined - sorry, son  :) ), and he can't take that extra second to set himself properly.

448245[/snapback]

I feel like quite the moron here, I meant to say right.

Guest BackInDaDay
I feel like quite the moron here, I meant to say right.

448256[/snapback]

That's cool. I wasn't sure, so I went into my little coaching rant.

I've been coaching sprint passes for quite a while, and it's amazing how quickly good athletes pick it up. My reference to 'real or imagined' is based on many of the kid's (including my own) hearing footsteps, and throwng off the wrong foot while facing te sideline. Meanwhile the closest rusher was 2-3 seconds away!

Lots of 'who was he throwing that to?'s :)

Besides, I just got back from reading b.harami98's trainwreck of a post. Let's just say that typing 'left', rather than 'right' pales in comparison..

That's cool.  I wasn't sure, so I went into my little coaching rant.

I've been coaching sprint passes for quite a while, and it's amazing how quickly good athletes pick it up.  My reference to 'real or imagined' is based on many of the kid's (including my own) hearing footsteps, and throwng off the wrong foot while facing te sideline.  Meanwhile the closest rusher was 2-3 seconds away!

Lots of 'who was he throwing that to?'s  :D

Besides, I just got back from reading b.harami98's trainwreck of a post.  Let's just say that typing 'left', rather than 'right' pales in comparison..

448304[/snapback]

I think somewhere past train wreck, but not quite orphan carrying airliner in a nuclear powerplant. That status is reserved for some of our absent alumi.