With a win on Sunday....

NavyBillsFan

I figure if we beat Atlanta Sunday. We are going to hear one of two things...

Vick played hurt and lost to a subpar Bills team

or

Vick did not play, so the Bills got a lucky break and won...

As long as we win, I dont care. But you know that will be the topic for all sport media outlets

I figure if we beat Atlanta Sunday.  We are going to hear one of two things...

Vick played hurt and lost to a subpar Bills team

or

As long as we win, I dont care.  But you know that will be the topic for all sport media outlets

447284[/snapback]

If we win like I think we will and should, I think some of our credibility will be restored. I honestly believe that the national media thinks we're pretenders because we destroy the teams we should but lose most big games. And from their perspective, how can you disagree?

I do think we will bounce back and the 12th man will be rocking the Ralph.

EDIT: I also want to add that you are correct, if we do win with Vick there we will hear from all the cynics that he wasn't 100% and same deal if he doesn't play, people will say we beat a team with a backup QB in there. I don't care how we do it, I just want a win and I want JP to get back on track. Whatever it takes.

As much as I B word about being disrespected by the national media, I get more nervous when guys like Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports start calling the Bills D "the best in NFL hostory!" (I bet Charles feels pretty stupid for saying that now!)

Better to be ignored and lurk in the shadows. That Tampa loss will make 99% of the world forget about the Bills for a while, even if we string some wins together. And that's just fine with me.

PTR

Better to be ignored and lurk in the shadows.  That Tampa loss will make 99% of the world forget about the Bills for a while, even if we string some wins together.  And that's just fine with me.

447407[/snapback]

It's not often I agree with you on things, Promo, but you nailed it with this one.

As much as I B word about being disrespected by the national media, I get more nervous when guys like Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports start calling the Bills D "the best in NFL hostory!"  (I bet Charles feels pretty stupid for saying that now!)

Better to be ignored and lurk in the shadows.  That Tampa loss will make 99% of the world forget about the Bills for a while, even if we string some wins together.  And that's just fine with me.

PTR

447407[/snapback]

staying in the shadows is the best we can hope for . we will win our fair share of games hope we can now go 15 and 1 . :doh::D:doh:

Jp losman-223 yrds passing with 2TD's, 1 INT, one to lee evans, one to cambell

Willis mcgahee-117yrd rushing 1 td, 23 yrds receiving.

Lindell- 2 FG att 1 made

Theme of the game "Rolllll out, rollll out"

Vick-127yrds passing 1TD 1 INT, 46 yrds rushing

Dunn-87yrds rushing, 0 TD

Jay feeley 2 FG's

Theme of the game "Vick break dancing throwing a lot of tipped passes"

Just what my 3rd eye sees. :doh:

As long as we win, I dont care.  But you know that will be the topic for all sport media outlets

447284[/snapback]

these 2.

i just want to win. but if he doesnt play, than our defense will win the game for us.

I'll take the win no matter what. The media and other fans opinion has no impact on Bills ability to win or lose the next game. The only matters is the win or the loss.

Not sure why fans get so bent out of shape about "respect" for the Bills. It has no impact except to motivate the Bills players. God knows there are plenty of fans eating crow this week after going apolpletic when experts predicted a Tampa win.

Of course, the other scenario is losing to a Vick-less Falcons, which we won't speak of.

I think if we win on Sunday with any kind of offense the whole of Bills nation will go wild and proclaim us a playoff team.

The media will lament the demise of the Falcons D and continue to speculate whether Vick is as good as most people have him pegged at and our D will be saying they are back on track to the the greatest ever.

Of course all that IF we win.

If we lose, Leo and Sal will write a column that say's we're done and the season is a bust.

Also a word of note... The bills ARE getting respect by national media, even after the embarassing loss last sunday to TB. Rich Eisen on the NFL network commented on how poorly Vick will do against the "buffalo D who smell blood even before there's blood in the water." Nice quote I liked it. Even terrell Davis agreed Vick will not be able to run against the Bills Defense, in essence forcing him to be a pocket passer which he is not.