How to Fix Our Offense:

ajzepp

Really?  Got a link to that one?  That would be cool if Everett could come back this year.

447591[/snapback]

Yeppers, it's on the "Ask TD for Yourself" thingy on the main page

Thanks and cool! :doh:

447604[/snapback]

I definitely agree with you about Everett, though.....that would be damn cool if he could come back in the second half of the season. Sometimes I forget that we have those two guys on the sidelines and eventually we'll have them on the field. Especially with Roscoe, that's pretty exciting. From what I remember, the training camp reports from fellow TBD'ers all seemed to praise him for his ability to separate from defenders. If he can do that when the real bullets fly, that's going to open up our passing game big time!

I definitely agree with you about Everett, though.....that would be damn cool if he could come back in the second half of the season. Sometimes I forget that we have those two guys on the sidelines and eventually we'll have them on the field. Especially with Roscoe, that's pretty exciting. From what I remember, the training camp reports from fellow TBD'ers all seemed to praise him for his ability to separate from defenders. If he can do that when the real bullets fly, that's going to open up our passing game big time!

Parrish will be a major upgrade to the offense. He's from a big-time program, so he's used to the pressure and speed of the NFL. He also seemed like a guy dedicated to studying and making himself better, as is the MO of most UM players. And I remember reading somewhere that a good 3rd WR can really open-up an offense.

As for Everett, just hearing he COULD play this year is good enough for me. I don't know if I'd risk using him, but if he's cleared to play and wants to play, so be it.

Parrish will be a major upgrade to the offense.  He's from a big-time program, so he's used to the pressure and speed of the NFL.  He also seemed like a guy dedicated to studying and making himself better, as is the MO of most UM players.  And I remember reading somewhere that a good 3rd WR can really open-up an offense.

As for Everett, just hearing he COULD play this year is good enough for me.  I don't know if I'd risk using him, but if he's cleared to play and wants to play, so be it.

447733[/snapback]

Yep, I guess the drawback with Everett was that it was a lower extremity thing.....Roscoe can (and is, I believe) keep himself conditioned, so as soon as he's cleared he can pretty much fit right in at top speed. Everett probably won't be back at full speed until next season, but maybe he'll be a nice surprise. The coaches and TD seem really high on Roscoe, so I can't wait!

The Bills are NOT going to change their philosophy and offense after one bad game. especially since one of the major reasons for the turnaround last year was MM telling the team we have a good plan and we're going to stick to it.

It's incredible that there are a significant amount of posters that are ready to completely re-arrange the team and strategy and players after one game, on the road, against one of the best defenses we'll face all year, in 100 degree heat, in Florida, against one of the best defensive minds in the game, on a day when no one came to play, including your young QB, your stud RB, your offensive line, your defense after awhile and your coaching staff to boot. Face it, the game was just a simple disaster, and most every team in the league has a couple of these a season. You will see a completely different team at home this week.

The Bills are NOT going to change their philosophy and offense after one bad game. especially since one of the major reasons for the turnaround last year was MM telling the team we have a good plan and we're going to stick to it.

It's incredible that there are a significant amount of posters that are ready to completely re-arrange the team and strategy and players after one game, on the road, against one of the best defenses we'll face all year, in 100 degree heat, in Florida, against one of the best defensive minds in the game, on a day when no one came to play, including your young QB, your stud RB, your offensive line, your defense after awhile and your coaching staff to boot. Face it, the game was just a simple disaster, and most every team in the league has a couple of these a season. You will see a completely different team at home this week.

447842[/snapback]

I'm not advocating that they change their philosophy....I'm simply thinking about what they could do to enhance it. Going to three wideouts helps Willis maybe even more than it does JP. Willis is the bread and butter of our offense this year. We are not at the point where we should be relying on JP to win us games, but if other teams are going to stack the box then that's exactly the position we find ourselves in. If you've read my other posts recently, you'll see that I'm as optimistic and excited about this team as anyone. The fact is, though, adjustments ARE made. They are made in the middle of a single game in many cases. I just think we need to maximize our offensive productivity while JP is undergoing his transformation into an NFL QB.

i don't remember seeing shelton on the field that much

in fact, i remember thinking that mcgahee could really use shelton on some of his runs

447369[/snapback]

We must have been watching a different game. I don't remember seeing much of Shelton either and felt that this was part of the problem.

I'm not advocating that they change their philosophy....I'm simply thinking about what they could do to enhance it. Going to three wideouts helps Willis maybe even more than it does JP. Willis is the bread and butter of our offense this year. We are not at the point where we should be relying on JP to win us games, but if other teams are going to stack the box then that's exactly the position we find ourselves in.  If you've read my other posts recently, you'll see that I'm as optimistic and excited about this team as anyone. The fact is, though, adjustments ARE made. They are made in the middle of a single game in many cases. I just think we need to maximize our offensive productivity while JP is undergoing his transformation into an NFL QB.

447866[/snapback]

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, more like how many people in total want to change this and that and the other thing. The fact remains that they just stunk up the field. If JP makes a couple of those throws into 10-15 yard receptions, the Bucs back off a little and we can do a lot more, but he missed them. If Willis breaks a tackle and busts through for a 20 yard run, or 3-4 10 yarders, they don't storm us like they did. If it was in Buffalo instead of Tampa, and 80 instead of 100, we wouldnt have seen the entire team sitting next to the blowers huffing and puffing. If TC would have made the right call, or mixed up the offense a little more in his chess game against Kiffin, which he was schooled, they wouldn't have dominated us the way they did.

We have some talent, we have some good coaching, we have a pretty good system, we just tanked. if they play this way for 3-4 games out of the next five, you may say yeah, maybe we should go three wide a lot more. But they did that against the Bucs all day and it didn't work either.

I wasn't necessarily talking about you, more like how many people in total want to change this and that and the other thing. The fact remains that they just stunk up the field. If JP makes a couple of those throws into 10-15 yard receptions, the Bucs back off a little and we can do a lot more, but he missed them. If Willis breaks a tackle and busts through for a 20 yard run, or 3-4 10 yarders, they don't storm us like they did. If it was in Buffalo instead of Tampa, and 80 instead of 100, we wouldnt have seen the entire team sitting next to the blowers huffing and puffing. If TC would have made the right call, or mixed up the offense a little more in his chess game against Kiffin, which he was schooled, they wouldn't have dominated us the way they did.

We have some talent, we have some good coaching, we have a pretty good system, we just tanked. if they play this way for 3-4 games out of the next five, you may say yeah, maybe we should go three wide a lot more. But they did that against the Bucs all day and it didn't work either.

447883[/snapback]

Well, like you, I'm pretty optimistic about next game. If nothing else, I think our defense is going to come out with a huge chip on their collective shoulder and knock some Falcon heads. I guess the bottom line with my viewpoint here is that I just feel we have enough talent on this team to win games and still get JP the time he needs to grow, you know? To see our offense have a bad game is one thing....but to get completely and totally shut down is really disheartening. I have confidence that the coaches will get the ship righted, and I definitely don't propose that I know better than they do.....but as a diehard Bills fan I can't help but have my mental wheels spinning after such a loss. I know we're a better team than that.

Anyway, hopefully next week will go a long way toward getting us back on track.