JP is playing like most of us expected

Mikie2times

I'm sure the wall got flooded with JP posts today, but I just got back from work and I felt compelled to voice my opinion.

We as fans knew what type of year JP would most likely have before the season. We knew he would struggle, and despite the great sound bytes he dropped for us nothing was going to change that.

Then the first quarter of the Texans game came, and what was fortunate for us turned out to be very unfortunate for our collective psyches. We lost track of reality as us Bills fans seem to do, and now some are losing faith in JP.

Don't get me wrong, JP has looked horrible, way worse then his stats even indicate. Frankly he should have at least 3 INT's at this point and maybe more. EXPECT more of the same as he continues to develop. In the meantime be comforted by that Texans first quarter, and know that what we saw then was not an illusion, but what we might just see down the road.

He's young, and his play will be inconsistent, and sometimes down right ugly. But isn't that what we all expected to begin with?

I agree, but it has been a long time since we made the playoff.

Holcomb looked like crap when he was put into the game. It wasn't just JP.

I will be upset if JP's erratic play keeps us out of the playoffs.  I think the defense and the special teams are playoff team caliber.

They weren't yesterday. They won't win many games playing like that.

JP still has a ways to go in his development, but seeing how he's playing now if we would've thrown him to the wolves last year it probably would've been really ugly. Sitting was the best thing for losman last year. A Year to learn the offense, now he has to get use to the full game speed, lose the happy feet and learn to look off his wr's. He's shown some early flashes of talent, and shown some horrible things as well. He has to be much more consistent with his accuracy, and looking off wr's, as he learns to do this the opportunity to go deep will be there. I can definitly see why parrish and everett were drafted though, and it's too bad they're both injured. I think everett was gonna have a big role in the offense this year. Euhus should be back soon and has a bit more speed then campbell and probably better hands, hopefully he can be the reliable short option for JP, as he progresses from week to week. With a reliable check down te more things will open up for the passing game and running game. IF JP doesn't start improvng on some of his issues by mid season then theres a problem, but for now it's how I expected him to look.