My Views On The Game....

Bill from NYC

1) The Bucs didn't score many points, but I am left thinking that other than Milloy, our best defensive performances came from none other than Crowell and Bannan. There is something wrong with this picture.

2) AKC, stop being right all the time. It is getting hard to take. I saw Edwards shoved around WAY too much. On a good note, Anderson did make a play or 2.

3) I am trying, but I fail to see the "cannon" that many of you claim that JP has.

Before you freak, I think he has enough arm strength, but he was throwing ground balls yesterday. When he DID throw hard, the ball sailed high and out of bounds. Cannon? I think not.

4) This was a terribly coached game by MM imo. Once again, he was taken to school by a proven head coach (the last one being Cowher). It didn't hurt, but the inexplicable timeout in Buc territory with 1:14 remaining in the 2nd qtr. still has me scrtching my head.

5) Despite my comments in #4, MM was correct to lift JP. I want a confident qb, not a rookie strutting around thinking how easy it all is because of 1 win. JP needed to be put in his place. I also still think that MM is, or at least will be a fine coach.

6) I will not write off Anderson yet. Football imo was not meant to be played in 100 degree temperatures. Let's face it, Big Sam wasn't impressive either, nor was Big Mike in his limited time, and Edwards was a mess. All the big guys . Coincidence? I think not. The Bills are big. The Bucs are comparatively small; and they were playing at home.

Summary:

If the above sounds negative, this was not my intention. I am not tossing in the season because of a tropical weather road loss by a team that elected to go with a rookie qb in his 2nd start.

If, I repeat IF the OL is good or even adequate, I am thinking that the Bills/JP can win plenty of games. For the long term, my feelings are well known. Pittsburgh romped once again because they have superior blocking and plenty of depth up front.

Until the Bills, a cold weather, blue collar football team do the same, we will not reach our ultimate goal.

I will never give up.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's easy to kick the front office after a perfomance like yesterday's, and I'm going to dirty my boot once more by pointing out that it was foolish to enter this season without adding a legitimate blocking TE to complement the very capable Mark Campbell. There were options out there for 1 mil a season who could have helped fill out our depth chart and kept us from suffering watching Ryan Neufeld fail to play up to his weight. I'd rather see Sam Aiken getting the reps in the running game because I beleive he has better technique than Neufeld, plus he's at least the same level of threat to bring in a pass.

We blew it this past offseason at those two spots, DT and TE. We didn't need a marquis player in either case, but we did need a starting quality 2 gap DT and a power run blocking TE, two orders of business that are not too hard to fill in the NFL these days. We didn't do either and our pain is only beginning. Just think about the guys we'll see later in addition to the quality runners in our own division- (All in the top 10 among runners currently)

Rudi Johnson

Priest Holmes

Warrick Dunn

Stephen Davis

Additonally we'll see LaDanian Tomlinson and I thought Lamont Jordan looked effective against the Pats last week.

It's easy to kick the front office after a perfomance like yesterday's, and I'm going to dirty my boot once more by pointing out that it was foolish to enter this season without adding a legitimate blocking TE to complement the very capable Mark Campbell. There were options out there for 1 mil a season who could have helped fill out our depth chart and kept us from suffering watching Ryan Neufeld fail to play up to his weight. I'd rather see Sam Aiken getting the reps in the running game becasue I beleive he has better technique than Neufeld, plus he's at least the same level of threat to bring in a pass.

We blew it this past offseasonn at those two spots, DT and TE. We didn't need a marquis player in either case, but we did need a starting quality 2 gap DT and a power run blocking TE, two orders of business that are not too hard to fill in the NFL these days. We didn't do either and the pain is only beginning. Just think about the guys we'lll see later in addition to the quality runners in our own division- (All in the top 10 among runners currently)

Rudi Johnson

Priest Holmes

Warrick Dunn

Stephen Davis

Additonally we'll see LaDanian Tomlinson and I thought Lamont Jordan loooked effective against the Pats last week.

447090[/snapback]

Yeah, but we DO have a 160 lb. wideout. :doh: