Texans Fire OC Palmer and replace him

Thailog80

I'm sure that there's more to this firing than just underproduction in the first two weeks of the season, but jeez that seems a little premature. The Texans have faced two of the best defenses in the NFL in the first two weeks and their defense hasn't exactly lit it up either.

I'm sure that there's more to this firing than just underproduction in the first two weeks of the season, but jeez that seems a little premature.  The Texans have faced two of the best defenses in the NFL in the first two weeks and their defense hasn't exactly lit it up either.

446917[/snapback]

I also think it's a sacrificial lamb thing. Palmer has a decent history before the new Brown's stint. IMO he has a a pretty good football mind - the CLE clubs tried for run/pass balance, but I think there was a fair amount of front office ba-de-ba present. Dunno...

Perhaps a native Clevelander can add simething here..

Hardy Pyle Posted Today, 03:50 PM

The teams biggest problem is o-line, so they promote the o-line coach. Oh, the irony!

They vouch for Palmer for 5 years and then after two games, fire him. ummmm...no one's panicking....right!

How about firing the GM for a lack of talent on the team.

I agree. The Texans have spent their last 3 first round picks all on defensive players. They have ignored the chance of getting a young stud on the O-Line, who can grow and protect Carr. It is difficult to put all the blame on Palmer.