Vick Undergoes MRI

PTS

Can't judge a player after 70 passing attempts and one NFL start.

446871[/snapback]

You are correct. But, more importantly, you can count on a second-year QB with one NFL start to make plenty of mistakes, especially against a good defense in a hostile enviroment. Do I need to give an example? :doh:

His backup- Matt Schaub- is a great QB that has always done well when he played. I have watched Vick the past two weeks and he is a horrible passer.  Horrible.  He misses wide open guys by 10 yards.  Sure he has a cannon but he cannot throw accurate.  There is a reason all those #1 picks spent by Atlanta at WR are busts.  Atlanta will be a far superior passing team with Schaub back there.  They are build for the west coast offense, Michael Vick is not

446789[/snapback]

Schaub gets a lot of attention as a back-up who could start but you never know until it happens. People write in to the Altanta Journal and Constitution every week about how Schaub needs to start someday. But he's not nearly as good as Vick when he finally gets to play. At least, not so far.

EDIT: I think the point is that fans always have wild fantasies about how great the guy on the bench is because they've never seen him in a game. Struggling. There are people on this message board who can't get a handle on how poorly JP played yesterday....