Two things I thought I would think

Beerball

1. After two games I thought I would think that we were a power running team, or at least a running team, or at least a team that wouldn't abandon the run at the first signs that things weren't going well. We came close in Week 1, but the team finally discovered that they could move the ball on the ground against the Texans. Yesterday's running game was half hearted at best. Also, what happend to screens and mis-direction?

2. After two games I though I would think that we had an attacking defense. What the fug happened yesterday? Dominant? I think not. Our D-line was mauled. Someone give me one big play made by the D yesterday? Why did we sit back and let Tampa come at us? 85 Bears? Nope, not even close. As disappointed as I was in the offense yesterday I am moreso with the defense. Before anyone mentions the weather...they did not play well from the first snap on yesterday. Missed tackles, no pressure on Griese, missed tackles and missed tackles on top of missed tackles. Time for some humble pie.

This game does not define the season. The defense should want to show what they are really capable of. JG, take the training wheels off and let these guys play. Offensively the team needs to formulate a gameplan and then stick with it. If you know a team is going to run at you 25-30 times a game come hell or high water then you have to prepare for it. Let's see what this team is made of now that there is adversity.

This is exactly what I look forward to seeing.  How do the Bills respond against a very good Atlanta team at home, after a loss like this.

446064[/snapback]

I think they'll fare well against Atlanta.

People need to NOT give up after that game. The team will be fine, and should be able to win vs. Atlanta and NO.

Someone give me one big play made by the D yesterday?

446048[/snapback]

Milloy's safety blitz sack. I thought that would be the play that flipped the switch for our D, and I was right. Except the switch went off instead of on. :doh:

I'm not going to say the defense played great, but they only gave up 17 pts.  That's not exactly an avalanche of offense.

446233[/snapback]

Yep. TB's offense is not "high powered", but is certainly competent. 17 points with a wide time of possesion differential is not disasterous.

I didn't see the game, but the highlights I've seen on this or that recap show plain old lousy tackling.

Kudos to TB for their inside running - I'm guessing their OL beat the Bill's DL to the spot.

Milloy's safety blitz sack.  I thought that would be the play that flipped the switch for our D, and I was right.  Except the switch went off instead of on.  :doh:

446122[/snapback]

And that good KO return by McGee.....unfortunately that resulted only in a FG...

The good thing is it was against TB...a non-conference loss...Secondly it shluld shut the boys up and concentrate on their game..And the sooner we were given

the dose of reality, it was better....MM will handle this well...

The 90+ weather really had a big impact on our front 7......However unless

our OL plays better fast this might turn ugly.....

As Sullivan said, this was a team that told Losman that he should not lose the

game....however the OL/Running game and Defense did not show up.

I didn't see the game, but the highlights I've seen on this or that recap show plain old lousy tackling.

446271[/snapback]

Yup....and our LBs and DL were completely unprepared for the heat and the

game....

When the Running game is clicking so fell, they just took the game away

from Griese's hands...reducing the chance of TOs or even pressure on the QB.

Just a couple of thoughts regarding your thoughts...

1.  After two games I thought I would think that we were a power running team, or at least a running team, or at least a team that wouldn't abandon the run at the first signs that things weren't going well.  We came close in Week 1, but the team finally discovered that they could move the ball on the ground against the Texans.  Yesterday's running game was half hearted at best.  Also, what happend to screens and mis-direction?
I think what happened in the Texans game was that Houston kept putting 8 and 9 men in the box, daring JP to beat them. WHen JP started to make some plays, they (the Texans) backed off a bit and played a little more honestly, and Willis was able to find some seems and get some yardage, especially in the 2nd half. Time of Possesion helped in that too.

2.  After two games I though I would think that we had an attacking defense.  What the fug happened yesterday?  Dominant?  I think not.  Our D-line was mauled.  Someone give me one big play made by the D yesterday?  Why did we sit back and let Tampa come at us?  85 Bears?  Nope, not even close.  As disappointed as I was in the offense yesterday I am moreso with the defense.  Before anyone mentions the weather...they did not play well from the first snap on yesterday.  Missed tackles, no pressure on Griese, missed tackles and missed tackles on top of missed tackles.  Time for some humble pie.

Humble pie indeed. I think that the offense's inability to move the ball (three and out on seven of their first ten possesions) helped in wearing down the defense. The Bucs were able to get some first downs, but remember, they weren't exactly marching up and down the field on us in the first 20 minutes. As much as Time of Possesion helped us in the previous game, it was a killer in yesterday's game.

This game does not define the season.  The defense should want to show what they are really capable of.  JG, take the training wheels off and let these guys play.  Offensively the team needs to formulate a gameplan and then stick with it.  If you know a team is going to run at you 25-30 times a game come hell or high water then you have to prepare for it.  Let's see what this team is made of now that there is adversity.

446048[/snapback]

Right on, beerball, right on. The Falcons game (with a dinged up Vick) will be huge. If we can take that and go on the road and beat the Saints, we'll be at 3-1 through the first quarter of the season and atop the division. IMHO, it's time to put up or shut up for the Bills, especially for the Bills defense.