Please want to blame MM for the loss?!?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When they put 8 in the box against Pitt, Big Ben can hit an open receiver. JP had a bad game, why is that so hard to admit?

446065[/snapback]

He wasn't put in a situation in which he can succeed. The coaches did a TERRIBLE job of game-planning this one. Not nearly enough misdirection, quick outs, draws and screens.

Everything was a 15 yard route it seemed like.

He wasn't put in a situation in which he can succeed. The coaches did a TERRIBLE job of game-planning this one. Not nearly enough misdirection, quick outs, draws and screens.

446071[/snapback]

No, they were SUPPOSED to be quick 5 yard outs. They may have looked like 15 yard outs since they were thrown 10 yards over the WR's heads.

When they put 8 in the box against Pitt, Big Ben can hit an open receiver. JP had a bad game, why is that so hard to admit?

446065[/snapback]

Pittsburgh does not care about 8 in the box. They won week 1 with BR throwing 11 passes. How many do you think were in the box? This team has no offensive identity, and until they get one it will be rocky. Losman didn't have a bad game, he flat out sucked, I have no problem admiting that. As a matter of fact he was Marangiesque.

The gameplan (if there was one) gave him no help however. You asked a question, I answered, please don't try to put words in my mouth, I have enough of my own.

Bills lost because of this stat...

Willis McGahee

13 carries for 33 yards

1 catch for -1 yards.

Willis MUST touch the ball more than 25 times if the Bills want to beat a team like Tampa Bay in Tampa.

On a side note... where the heck were Eric and Lee all day? Only 3 catches between them. Where is the gameplanning to get them involved?

This loss can't be ALL attributed to JP. Afterall, he didn't throw any picks.

For the last time, you have to move the sticks to run more plays. More plays means more runs. You HAVE TO convert a 3rd & 5 once in a while to make this happen. I don't think we ran more than 20 plays in the 1st half...kinda hard to run it 20 times.

I always here people talk about "finding an identity" and I don't know what the hell that means.

Somebody tell me -- what is New England's identiy offensively? It seems to me they adjust based on what the defense is giving them and move the ball accordingly - whether it be running or passing.

When your damn QB cannot come close to completing a 5 yard pass you can't win in this league. It's not High School and it's not Texas vs. Baylor.

Bills lost because of this stat...

Willis McGahee

13 carries for 33 yards

1 catch for -1 yards.

Willis MUST touch the ball more than 25 times if the Bills want to beat a team like Tampa Bay in Tampa.

On a side note... where the heck were Eric and Lee all day?  Only 3 catches between them.  Where is the gameplanning to get them involved?

This loss can't be ALL attributed to JP.  Afterall, he didn't throw any picks.

446117[/snapback]

When you go 3 and out every series 13 carries is a good amount.

On your side note, the ball was thrown their way quite a bit, unfortunately it was 10 yards over their heads.

When you go 3 and out every series 13 carries is a good amount.

On your side note, the ball was thrown their way quite a bit, unfortunately it was 10 yards over their heads.

446346[/snapback]

WHY did the coaching staff use the old pass-pass-run combination so often this game? THAT is a recipe for 3 and out.

WHY did the coaching staff use the old pass-pass-run combination so often this game? THAT is a recipe for 3 and out.

446351[/snapback]

Much too predictable yesterday. Wonder if Clements took a week off. :) Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw him mentioned in print? Wyche gets more pub than Clements does. Hmmmmm

446351[/snapback]

42% QB completion percentage. 4-14 on 3rd down conversions. Missing wide open receivers is not a problem with game plan, it is a problem with execution.

446071[/snapback]

Yep. But I don't excuse JP if he was a slave to the game plan. Like all qb's, he's played the game for years. He sees a bunch of folks around the LOS, well, then he should audible to a WR to take a quick horizontal pass. Maybe that wr gets smashed. Maybe he gains 3 yards, or 5 or 20. Or whatever.

The Bills are not so swift in appreciating the advantage of having a "good hands" rb, also. Harmon, all-time MF that he may have been, mattered.

If you have a Keith Byers, OR a Larry Centers, you will improve your odds. There is all this fancy-schmancy cover-2 stuff; this 8 in the box stuff. Try some pulling guard stuff when you run a few times, and set up the trap. Fling that quick out.

The general idea is to realize that a defense is by definition a reactionary thing.

Make' em tenative, even at the cost of some failed plays early on.

I'm sure there were times but I can't remember any times where they let Willis run on 1st and 2nd downs.  I thought there was a plan to stick with the run even when the other team was keying on it.

446401[/snapback]

CCD will tell you it's because the Bucs had 8 in the box. That's rubish of course. If you are going to run, you have to run.

I'm sure there were times but I can't remember any times where they let Willis run on 1st and 2nd downs.

446401[/snapback]

Willis had runs of 1 yard, 3 yards, and 5 yards on the first play of their first 3 possesions. :)