Southern Weather

dib

Everyone was wondering how the weather would effect the Bills. I think it played a part in running out of gas in the second half. I think playing down here early in the season is a tremendous advantage for the home team.Case in point, the Dolfelons blew up the Broncos in the second half, then went up to NY and got drilled.

I agree.  While not the sole reason for the loss, obviously, one would have to factor the extreme heat and humidity into the team wearing down much quicker.

446010[/snapback]

I'll swear on my mothers grave that that the THOUGHT of the weather is bigger than the actual weather. Seemed to me as if the boys had no emotion, no celebrating after a play, no trash talking etc. My gut tells me that the coaching staff made a point of the heat and humidity before the game, and told the fellas to keep their emotions in check and save their energy, for the game will be long and hot. While I would generally agree with this tactic, just seemed like it left them a little flat yesterday.

The heat had more to do with it than anything else. It was scoreless for quite a while... when the heat started getting to our defense, that's when Cadillac went strong.

I think that if we played the same team with the same plan in Buffalo yesterday. We still will lose (bad plan), but I predict the score more around 8-6 than 19-3.

I don't know if anyone posted this before but here's one of the stranger facts regarding the Bills vs. Bucs history: The eight games the two teams have played have all been in Tampa Bay. The Bills are now 2-6 lifetime against the Bucs with the only wins coming in 1976 (when everyone beat the Bucs) and 1991 (when the Bills were on fire).

But in case anyone thinks the NFL has something against Buffalo, all of the losses in TB prior to yesterday were in either November or December.

We also played SB XXV down in Tampa and we know how that turned out :doh:

I hate football in Florida - give me cold weather anyday for a game!