Forget creativity

jahbonas

There was not 1 time during the game that we ran Mcgahee 2 of the 3 downs..it was constant 2 passes and 1 run.....in essence putting the game in the hands of a Young Losman against a smart quick defense...and out of the hands of the teasm;s suposed strength of mcgahee behind a big physical line.

Clements and Mularkey had a reputatuion in Pitt of getting too cute and getting away from simple power football. 13 rushes for Willis is not enough

There was not 1 time during the game that we ran Mcgahee 2 of the 3 downs..it was constant 2 passes and 1 run.....in essence putting the game in the hands of a Young Losman against a smart quick defense...and out of the hands of the teasm;s suposed strength of mcgahee behind a big physical line.

Clements and Mularkey had a reputatuion in Pitt of getting too cute and getting away from simple power football.  13 rushes for Willis is not enough

445915[/snapback]

That would be my one beef with the team for this week. There was ZERO commitment to the run.

That would be my one beef with the team for this week. There was ZERO commitment to the run.

445938[/snapback]

Last week I read a report on the Bucs, and what did they say but that the two things that work against the Bucs are running the ball and passing down the middle. Looks like Mularkey and Clements should have gotten a hold of that scouting report.

I'd add that the running plays they chose sucked too, to say nothing of the line's inability to make anything happen. Since obviously nothing up the middle was happening, they should have been pulling and trying to get Willis to the sideline fast, where he gained a majority of his yards. Instead they kept running delays and sweeps that took too long to develop, and you found Willis dancing around in the backfield waiting for sh-t that wasn't going to happen. That was ugly.

Passing, they should have given the Bucs Josh Reed, Josh Reed and more Josh Reed. The guy was catching the ball, and at some point the defense would have to have covered him, leaving Moulds or Evans exposed in single coverage. And I like Mularkey, but I would like him a lot more if he would simply use some screens and running back passing plays (checkdowns, anyone?) to keep the D's pursuit honest.