It all comes down to the O-Line

PromoTheRobot

Unlike some folks here slashing their wrists over JP or the D, the real goats of this turd of a game is the O-line. If the O-line stinks then nothing goes right. Too many 3-and-outs means the D are on the field too much (in the heat) and they wear out.

some other thoughts:

>You cannot blame the D, other than the fact that our D-line may be to small. They kept us in the game till the 3rd Q.

>Memo the Drew Rosenhaus: Before you call your client a franchise RB, compare the game tape of your boy Willis to Cadillac Williams. No contest. Willis looked like he was in slow motion.

>How do we know JP was "benched?" Maybe Mullarkey wanted JP to go over some stuff with the coaches, or just give him a breather, or just see what the Tampa D was doing from the sideline.

>JP will get the blame for this game, but I think he did the best he could with the jailbreak that was going on every play.

PTR

Granted it all comes down to the oline but I'd still like to know why theres no commitment to the run game? 8 man fronts be damned. Everyone knows teams like the jets/carolina/kc/atl/pitt are gonna run the ball and they dare you to stop them. They don't care about 8 man fronts, or fancy yards per carry the most overrated stat for rb's imo, they keep running to wear your defense down. I'd like to see this kind of commitment to running game from the bills. We're suppouse to be a team "built for power running" well then let's see some running.

>Memo the Drew Rosenhaus:  Before you call your client a franchise RB, compare the game tape of your boy Willis to Cadillac Williams.  No contest.  Willis looked like he was in slow motion.

>How do we know JP was "benched?"  Maybe Mullarkey wanted JP to go over some stuff with the coaches, or just give him a breather, or just see what the Tampa D was doing from the sideline.

>JP will get the blame for this game, but I think he did the best he could with the jailbreak that was going on every play.

PTR

445812[/snapback]

Have to agree, PTR.

Willis looked quite unimpressive, like where is the friggin' BLOCKING? Dammit!

JP was not "benched" as punishment, but more to see what was going on with Bucs Defense. It seemed to help, because he came back in and did much better.

The oline was definetly suspect today. However the playcalling sucked from the get go. This team needs to become the "smash mouth" team everyone was talking about in the offseason. Establish the pass with the run. Clements did, for a majority of the game have his head up his arse. And I would like to say this one more time.. The defense giving up 17 points to Tampa Bay on the road isn't a big deal. Run the ball.... Run the ball..... If it doesn't work try try and try again.

Granted it all comes down to the oline but I'd still like to know why theres no commitment to the run game?  8 man fronts be damned. Everyone knows teams like the jets/carolina/kc/atl/pitt  are gonna run the ball and they dare you to stop them. They don't care about 8 man fronts, or fancy yards per carry the most overrated stat for rb's imo, they keep running to wear your defense down. I'd like to see this kind of commitment to running game from the bills. We're suppouse to be a team "built for power running" well then let's see some running.

445830[/snapback]

I agree. Let's see the road graders grade some roads !