Positives from the game?

Left Overture

Although JP's accuracy was pretty bad, I actually liked a great deal of what I saw in this kid.

There were so many plays where Bledsoe would have been planted in the field, but JP escaped, rolled out, and tried to make something out of nothing.

He has a pretty good awareness/pocket presence, but needs to develop better touch on his throws while on the run.

Several times TB came up with their safety high and backed them off at the last second. They brought a lot of different looks and with the crowd noise, and their offense's ground game eat'n up the clock they were well rested, and could pin their ears back and tee off on Losman. Through all that, JP did not cough up the football or make a big turnover.

Losman recognized that they were reading his eyes (see game comments). He will get better at looking defenses off.

Holcomb came in (a backup who knows a bit about pressure), and was not able to do a thing. This should give some folks pause regarding what another QB could do in that same situation.

Losman is our QB of the future, and you know what?

I have a feeling he is going to get a lot better.

Could you say that about Bledoe? No.

We got beat by a team that has a great running game, with a savy veteran at QB that can keep the chains moving. But we did not lose to an AFC opponent.

Reed actually started catching the ball and doing things we thought he was going to do 3 years ago - has he turned some corner? When Roscoe gets back in the game, JP may have some very scary targets to throw to underneath - that's another positive.

Eric Moulds reception streak remained intact...

The coach can use this game to get these guys to stop reading thier own press clippings about how great they were at home against the lowly Texans.

We had very few penalties.

It is better for JP to face this kind of pressure earlier rather than later in the season. It's trial by fire, and he is going to come out of it a better play maker.

Lindel continues to actually make field goals.

In closing:

I expect a dominating performance out of these guys next week.

Defense with a vengence, Willis straight ahead with power, Special Teams making plays, and Losman accurately slinging that ball around.

.... I wish that TE Everett we drafted out of Miami would not have gotten injured in camp. He looked like he had the skills early on in training camp. I cannot but think that Mularky planned on having an athletic TE for JP to dump off to this year. Oh well, sometimes plans have to change.

Slam away all you folks who think that the glass is empty, I am usually one of you.

I just can't help feeling like the glass is half full with this team.

Go Bills!!

Although JP's accuracy was pretty bad, I actually liked a great deal of what I saw in this kid.

There were so many plays where Bledsoe would have been planted in the field, but JP escaped, rolled out, and tried to make something out of nothing.

He has a pretty good awareness/pocket presence, but needs to develop better touch on his throws while on the run.

Several times TB came up with their safety high and backed them off at the last second. They brought a lot of different looks and with the crowd noise, and their offense's ground game eat'n up the clock they were well rested, and could pin their ears back and tee off on Losman. Through all that, JP did not cough up the football or make a big turnover.

Losman recognized that they were reading his eyes (see game comments). He will get better at looking defenses off.

Holcomb came in (a backup who knows a bit about pressure), and was not able to do a thing. This should give some folks pause regarding what another QB could do in that same situation.

Losman is our QB of the future, and you know what?

I have a feeling he is going to get a lot better.

Could you say that about Bledoe?  No.

445808[/snapback]

I agree with you on JP. The QB gets most of the credit and blame, and it will happen here. But consider even with this ass-kicking, there were no turnovers and only one sack (two if the safety is considered a sack.) You know Drew would have been sacked more and fumbled a couple of times as well.

You cannot blame the D for this game. There were ground down being on the field too much in the heat. Gruden was no fool running Cadillac so much. Without the effort on the D, this would have been 35-3.

My biggest concerns are the O-line and Willis McGahee. We knew the O-line was a question mark, but where the heck was Willis? He was moving in slow-motion compared to Cadillac Williams.

PTR

Even in the Superbowl years, there were games where we looked liked we didn't belong on the field with our opponent. Who can forget getting pasted by Chiefs and the Steelers?

This was a really bad game for the Bills! You can't get too down on this team after one loss. Just like you can't get too high on this team after one win. Before we rush to judgment, let's wait at least for 4 - 6 games.