Wassup Willis?

To me Willis doesn`t seem to be running with the same fire  as last year ,{ fighting  for yardage ,or the big -STIFF -ARM, I know the blocking sucked today ..BUT ..he doesn`t seem to be running as hard..tough D next week  hopefully they`ll figure it out...LET`S GO BUFFALOOOOOO :angry:

445684[/snapback]

The offensive line is not playing worse than last year. There were no holes when McGahee took over last year, he made them by grinding out a lot of 4 yard runs and wearing down the opposition. I mean, this was a 4.0 ypc back last year, not a HR hitter. In that role, he was more effective than a lot of backs with better numbers because he helped keep the Bills in reasonable down and distance situations and keep the defense rested. Wills is just not playing the same style, he's looking to make the big play on every down, and the truth of the matter is that he is not quick or nimble enough to play that game. He is a downhill runner with buildup speed.

The offensive line is not playing worse than last year.  There were no holes when McGahee took over last year, he made them by grinding out a lot of 4 yard runs and wearing down the opposition.  I mean, this was a 4.0 ypc back last year, not a HR hitter.  In that role, he was more effective than a lot of backs with better numbers because he helped keep the Bills in reasonable down and distance situations and keep the defense rested.  Wills is just not playing the same style, he's looking to make the big play on every down, and the truth of the matter is that he is not quick or nimble enough to play that game.  He is a downhill runner with buildup speed.

445756[/snapback]

You may be right. It's hard to say. To me, the way the game is being played sometimes dictates how you run. This game, the passing game was terrible, the defense was very good, the holes were not there. Willis, in his mind, may have been saying, I need to break one. I am and we are not going to make first downs getting 2-3 yard runs because we cannot pass.

There are other games when the 2-3 yard sure thing is the much better play. I am not saying this is for sure how it happened for him but for me, he is a very patient runner always. He looks for the holes and looks like he is running slow, but usually makes good decisions and ends up with decent stats and games. In this game, when he was running and looking for the holes, not only werent they there but he was gambling to break one by reversing his field a lot because that seemed like likely the only way we were going to turn this game around. That may or may not have been smart. But I think it was a conscious choice in running, versus a fundamental problem with his style. In the end, nothing worked because the Bucs just kicked our ass on all levels.