Calling all wideouts

1billsfan

After watching last week's and today's game I've come to realization that we need to get our supposed "great" tandum of Moulds and Evans the ball. 6 field goals and 1 touchdown by an offensive lineman is making me more than a little nervous after two games. Is anyone else concern about the microscopic production from these two guys? I'm hoping that Malarkey will put an emphasis on getting them the ball next week. Atlanta will no doubt key on stopping the run so I'm hoping JP, Eric and Lee will make them pay. Go deep early and often, then bring down the hammer.

We'd be able to get the ball to the wr's if losman would look off his intended target every once in awhile, he's developing the bad habit of just staring down his one receiver giving db's time to jump on the play thus the infectivness of our wideouts. Hopefully this problem gets fixed with more experience for losman.

It is hard to go deep when the defense is playing a cover 2 coverage, that's why Josh Reed was able to have success in the slot. I'm more concerned that we were unable to run better. If we were able to run better it would force teams out of cover two because the safties would have to be more concerned about run support.

We'd be able to get the ball to the wr's if losman would look off his intended target every once in awhile, he's developing the bad habit of just staring down his one receiver giving db's time to jump on the play thus the infectivness of our wideouts.  Hopefully this problem gets fixed with more experience for losman.

445573[/snapback]

A big part of the problem was JP's Vick like accuracy. Moulds was open quite a few times and he missed him badly each time. Even on Moulds one reception Losman made was should have been an easy completion into a highlight catch for Moulds.

I'm impressed with Losman's ability to sense the rush, but there are two things that worry me. The first, which isn't a big deal at this stage on Losman's development, is that he panics too quickly. The moment he sees the blitz he gets happy feet. The game is just moving too quickly for him at the moment and he doesn’t make the quick decisions he needs to. Give him a season and this will (hopefully) change once he gets more comfortable. The second is that his throws are way off target. He looked like Bledsoe out there on the short to intermediate throws. This is a major concern as QB’s that aren’t accurate don’t tend to do very well, even if they have everything else going for them.