How badly are the Bills missing Roscoe??

Perhaps I was lucky because I didn't get to see today's game but when I went to the chatroom I knew TBD would be Suicide Central.

I have weeded through most of the posts here, and blatantly ignored the drivel and what I get is a picture of an underperforming defense and an invisible offense which started me pondering.

What was on the minds of the Bills management back during April's draft. Apparently there was a concensus that this team lacked talent at the WR level. So much so that it was worthy of their first pick.

Just how much was Parrish going to figure into this opening day offense?

Roscoe will certainly help stretch the defense out a bit, but for today in this game atleast, the #3 WR spot was just about the least of our worries. Reed , along with Teague in my estimation were the only 2 that showed up on offense today.

I think it was a big issue today. The Bills simply do not have any speed offensively outside of Lee Evans. If Evans is shut down, no one else is a major downfield threat. A fast D like the Bucs can crowd the LOS with little threat of getting beat deep by the Bills WRs, which is exactly what they did. That kept McGahee in check behind a weak OL, forcing Losman to beat the Bucs D with his arm. Not suprisingly, in just his first road start, Losman couldn't get the job done against one of the best Ds in the NFL.

I know it's early but I Think roscoe parrish and kevin everett were pretty big plans for mularkey to get some speed on the offense up and running. A te who can split the seems and can be a valuable assett especially to a young quaterback, and a wr who brings another dimension of speed to an offense. I was pretty dissapointed in todays lack of an offense, but losman needs this kind of experiences and it's better early then late, although it's never pretty to watch, if he still can't get 1st downs at the end of the season and start putting the ball in the endzone it's a big problem, but for now I'll chalk it up to inexperience.