The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Chilly

The Good:

Coaches in games like this try to find good to build on, so lets also try:

- Lindell made another field goal of at least 40 yards, something which he had a lot of problems doing last year. Lindell has shown improvement.

- Josh Reed looked very improved today, showing off some of the receiving skills that we drafted him for.

- Kickoff returns were pretty good today, with a 35 yard avergae.

- JP really knows how to make a D jump offsides.

- Only 136 passing yards gave up.

- We didn't turn the ball over at all.

The Bad:

Thinks that were bad this week, but I think will be corrected in the future.

- JP had a learning experience out there against a really good Bucs D. This should help him prepare for the future, and hopefully he will get better.

- Willis McGahee wanted to do too much out there, and the O-line wasn't helping either.

- Moorman had an off-day, but he's a darn good punter and he'll rebound.

- The run defense was awful, but I think the loss of Fletcher really showed how integral he is to the D, especially without Pat Williams. Should get better with Fletcher's return.

- No turnovers created on defense, versus a Bucs offense which is efficient but not extremely talented.

- Only 1 receiver with over 22 yards receiving.

The Ugly:

Things that were bad this week, and might be bad the rest of the season.

- The O-line is absolutely horrific. There was pressure even when there was only 3 lineman.

- The Offense. I hate to say it, but if the O-line is this bad where defenses can constantly get pressure on Losman, we're in trouble. Unless that O-line pulls a piracle out of its butt and gets better, the offense is gonna stink.

I did not see the game, but I saw some of the lowlights.

First, JP was very smart in taking that safety. It looked like the Bucs D was ready to kill him.

Where was the run defense today?

Did London get hurt? I saw an earlier post that said he missed some time today.

Three points. 19 allowed with a vaunted defense. However, there is always at least one game like this per season. Let's hope they got it out of their system early.

Really, I think this was a bump in the road. A huge bump, maybe, but these guys are pros and they will be ready for Ron Mexico and the Falcons next week.

I fully expect Takeo to break Ron Mexico in two. :doh:

Mike

- Willis McGahee wanted to do too much out there, and the O-line wasn't helping either.

445102[/snapback]

Half or more of Carnell Williams' yards came after initial contact from a Bills defender. I'm not happy with WMs lackadaisical approach...if he's not going to be a speed threat, then let's see some power.

First, JP was very smart in taking that safety. It looked like the Bucs D was ready to kill him.

smart to take that safety? yeah they were ready to kill him but how about..THROW THE BALL AWAY! rather have a grounding penalty ( we're already inside our own 5, whats 1/2 the distance) than give them points and the ball.

smart to take that safety? yeah they were ready to kill him but how about..THROW THE BALL AWAY! rather have a grounding penalty ( we're already inside our own 5, whats 1/2 the distance) than give them points and the ball.

445149[/snapback]

it was an inexperienced mistake. it was not a good idea to pass in that situation.

- Moorman had an off-day, but he's a darn good punter and he'll rebound.

445102[/snapback]

I don't think Moorman had a good day last week either, especially with that shank. He's consistently punting into the end zone and when he tried to take a little off it, he took about 25 yards off it. Perhaps he misses Dorenbos?

That said, I thought one of our worst decisions all day (besides the obvious bad playcalling on offense) was sending the sink at Bidwell in the second quarter. It allowed TB's gunner to fly down untouched and catch the ball at the one, leading to the safety and subsequent TB TD. The game was over at that point.

I don't think Moorman had a good day last week either, especially with that shank.  He's consistently punting into the end zone and when he tried to take a little off it, he took about 25 yards off it.  Perhaps he misses Dorenbos?

445220[/snapback]

Moorman's looked like shiat all year so far, though. He NEEDS to improve.

445149[/snapback]

Grounding in the endzone = safety anyways....

Good:

--> Angelo Crowell showed he can give London Fletcher some breaks. Crowell finished the game and still ended up 5th on the team in tackles.

--> McGee continues to impress. He had a chance to really impress with a dropped INT but he held his own opposite Clements, and led everyone with 7 tackles, and a 35-yard average on KR's.

--> Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent are still the best safety tandem.

Bad:

--> I would have expected a better game plan from Tom Clements today.

--> The OLine needs time to get in synch, and they don't have any. ATL next week.

I don't think Moorman had a good day last week either, especially with that shank.  He's consistently punting into the end zone and when he tried to take a little off it, he took about 25 yards off it.  Perhaps he misses Dorenbos?

That said, I thought one of our worst decisions all day (besides the obvious bad playcalling on offense) was sending the sink at Bidwell in the second quarter.  It allowed TB's gunner to fly down untouched and catch the ball at the one, leading to the safety and subsequent TB TD.  The game was over at that point.

445220[/snapback]

Bills had several chances to pin TB deep, especially on our 1st possession.

However, Moorman is more concerned with his stats, than kicking for the corner or having a gunner catch the ball inside the 5.

TB wins the game by downing the punt on the 1.

Then - Moorman rebounds with a 15 yard punt ??

This game certainly deflated the big egos created by the Houston game- and hopefully it won't hurt the playoff push toom much since it was an NFC team