Stargate SG-1 Fans

PTS

I got hooked on the show earlier this summer. I've seen all of season 1 and 2 with the continuous reruns. So I'm lost on some things going on during season 9. On today's show they talk about ascension ... something that is mentioned but not described in seasons 1 and 2.

What the heck is it? They talk about Ancients ascending in the first two seasons.

I got hooked on the show earlier this summer. I've seen all of season 1 and 2 with the continuous reruns. So I'm lost on some things going on during season 9. On today's show they talk about ascension ... something that is mentioned but not described in seasons 1 and 2.

What the heck is it? They talk about Ancients ascending in the first two seasons.

443620[/snapback]

It's big in season five or six... The people who made the stargate ascended, and one of the characters did, but returned and I think ascended again in the end of last season. It's a good series, but last year it kind of fell off a cliff. I was surprised it was back for more.

ascension is evolving to a higher plane of existence, shedding one's corporeal form and existing as energy

if you were a fan of Babylon 5, its kinda like the Vorlons

443685[/snapback]

Nice analogy, although, the Vorlons tended to meddle in corporeal beings affairs a whole lot more... Those ascended aren't supposed be involved at all...

ascension is evolving to a higher plane of existence, shedding one's corporeal form and existing as energy

if you were a fan of Babylon 5, its kinda like the Vorlons

443685[/snapback]

Nice analogy, although, the Vorlons tended to meddle in corporeal beings affairs a whole lot more...  Those ascended aren't supposed be involved at all...

443700[/snapback]

Or the Q from Star Trek: TNG

I hope they bring Vala back too.  She made the show more exciting this year.  :devil:

http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/charact...aldoranvala.jpg

443908[/snapback]

Definitely. Didn't she come over from another series? I forget the name, but the one with the "living" spaceship and the really cute pale blue chick?

Definitely. Didn't she come over from another series? I forget the name, but the one with the "living" spaceship and the really cute pale blue chick?

443912[/snapback]

That would be Farscape, starring:

Claudia Black as Aeryn Sun, aka Vala

Ben Browder as John Crichton, aka Lt Col Cameron Mitchell

And if you're a fan of Andromeda, you may recognize Rommie (Lexa Doig) as Dr Lam

And if you're a fan of Andromeda, you may recognize Rommie (Lexa Doig) as Dr Lam

443917[/snapback]

Farscape. Thank you. Couldn't think of it. Another under rated Sci-Fi show. Haven't watched Andomeda.

A little skinny, but still an alien I could imagine for a close encounter:

In character

443917[/snapback]

OMG! You're right. I thought I recognized her.

OMG!  You're right.  I thought I recognized her.

444003[/snapback]

Yep. I believe she is married to Michael Shanks.

Daughter, Mia Tabitha Shanks, with Lexa Doig, born 13 September 2004.

This explains why she was not in most of last season of Andromeda.