(LAMP) Carpeting being installed right now!

Fezmid

All,

I don't do many LAMP posts, but I"m SOO excited right now! The carpet installers are downstairs laying the carpet right this second. Once they're done, the basement is FINISHED! All I need to do is wait for the recliners (4-5 weeks... :D ), get the speakers (tomorrow!) and a new remote control and I'm DONE! :( :( :D

Can't wait to start watching movies down there! (and Bills games in HD! :D )

CW

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you going to put this into the Consumer section post-haste?  You do it to me...:(

443119[/snapback]

There's no talk about buying carpet, buying equipment, or anything like that. It's just a LAMP. :(

Besides, you have no proof that I'm the one doing it. :D

CW

There's no talk about buying carpet, buying equipment, or anything like that.  It's just a LAMP. :(

Besides, you have no proof that I'm the one doing it.  :D

CW

443122[/snapback]

Stadium = football = astroturf = carpet = Fezmid.

Got it...

But IF you start on your heating strategy come this winter... :(

So, dude... is it green?  Is it field turf?  Is it already lined and numbered or will you be doing that yourself?

443192[/snapback]

Since the room isn't a full 100 yards, I have projectors built under the carpet to display different yard markers. When you run across the "field," the numbers change based on your speed. ;)

CW

DONE!!!!!

Woohoo!!! ;)

I'll need to take some pictures tonight. Soon, I'll be holed up in the basement watching movies and playing games all day. :o

To make matters even better, my wife was just offered a new job with a sizable raise. More money to buy movies! :(

CW

DONE!!!!!

Woohoo!!! ;)

I'll need to take some pictures tonight.  Soon, I'll be holed up in the basement watching movies and playing games all day. :o

To make matters even better, my wife was just offered a new job with a sizable raise.  More money to buy movies! :(

CW

443438[/snapback]

Do you propose to share with us, images of your basement remodeling?

Just curious... :lol:

DONE!!!!!

Woohoo!!! :o

I'll need to take some pictures tonight.  Soon, I'll be holed up in the basement watching movies and playing games all day. :(

To make matters even better, my wife was just offered a new job with a sizable raise.  More money to buy movies! :lol:

CW

443438[/snapback]

I'll send Jen over to check it out. She's in Minneapolis right now. ;)

Do you propose to share with us, images of your basement remodeling?

Just curious... ;)

443446[/snapback]

I will when I take pictures tomorrow :o

I'll send Jen over to check it out. She's in Minneapolis right now.

No problem, although she might want to wait a day or two until I get my speakers setup properly :( She has to pay admission as well (one Firefly cap... :pirate: ).

Can I be the first one to come over and spill a drink and puke on it? Might as well get that out of the way. Sort of like the first dent in the new car.

I'm pretty sure one of our two cats will take care of the puking part... :pirate:

sit back and watch a good movie for me.

I'm still trying to figure out what movie to watch first. I'm leaning towards Saving Private Ryan, but I'm open to recommendations - I want something with maximum video AND audio impact :lol:

CW

Wow, yeah Looking sweet, Fez!  Though I thought your name was Chris...?

443130[/snapback]

It is simply amazing to me that a person would spend all that money on building a home theater, and then buy a piece of crap remote, and an OEM projector. It's like buying a brand new Vette with the engine of a Prius.

Get a freakin' remote, dude.

All,

I don't do many LAMP posts, but I"m SOO excited right now!  The carpet installers are downstairs laying the carpet right this second.  Once they're done, the basement is FINISHED!  All I need to do is wait for the recliners (4-5 weeks... :pirate: ), get the speakers (tomorrow!) and a new remote control and I'm DONE! ;):o:(

Can't wait to start watching movies down there! (and Bills games in HD! :lol: )

CW

443116[/snapback]

Which pj ? Which speakers ? Which receiver ? We need details, man....

Which pj ? Which speakers ? Which receiver ? We need details, man....

443692[/snapback]

Projector = Panasonic AE700

Speakers = Paradigm Studio 40s front, CC470 center, and Studio 20s rear

Subwoofer = SVS PB12-Plus/2

Screen = Stewart Filmscreen StudioTek 130

Receiver = Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi

DVD Player = Panasonic S77S

HD Receiver = DirecTV HR 10-250 (HD TiVo, of course!)

I have everything but the speakers; they'll be here tomorrow at lunch time ;)

Recliners = Berkline 090 (but won't be here for 4-5 weeks... :( )

Havn't decided on a remote yet, and I better not post about it either or LA will get mad at me :o I'm leaning toward the Home Theater Master MX850 because I have my equipment in a closet. However, I could do some sort of IR blasting from below the screen into the closet instead... I just don't know yet.

CW