He crammed for coaching as a Buc

erynthered

Thaks for the find. Superb read, especailly considering it coming from the homeotown newpaper for this week's opponent.

442078[/snapback]

The wild part is I remember that. Sam is one of the nicest NFL people I've ever met. The guy knew he saw talent in MM. I'm happy he's in Buffalo, both of them.

What an excellent read. Thanks for posting the article. I don't know how he survived that time period doing what he was asked to do.

I remember the time we were looking for a new coach and it was primarily between Mularkey, Weis and someone else (Crennel, Coughlin, Fassel) and he was the last guy i wanted because of the pittsburgh connection and other ridiculous reasons. I was begging for Weis. As it turns out I couldn't be happier that he became our coach. Even if he doesn't turn out to be the greatest, he's done a good job thus far and seems like he knows what he's doing. The only thing I was critical about was his lack of decision making when it came to personnel (taking Henry out sooner) because he seemed like he hesitated because of how new he was to the team which makes sense, but I still didn't dig it. I think he's turning into a pretty darn good coach.

Stripes? Stripes as in Zebras those insanely overpaid neatly blind people on the field?

"We tried to kill him," said Rich McKay, the former general manager of the Bucs. "He was dying. I don't know if I've ever been around anyone who worked harder. He made nothing, and ended up doing the work of four or five guys. You talk about earning your stripes? This guy earned his stripes."

I am not sure if he is complimenting him. Is he related to up'Chuck DICKerson?

The wild part is I remember that. Sam is one of the nicest NFL people I've ever met. The guy knew he saw talent in MM. I'm happy he's in Buffalo, both of them.

442090[/snapback]

Fifteen years ago, I absolutely HATED Sam Wyche, because he was the Bengals coach and I was still a fan of my formerly beloved Browns.

At one point, Wyche came to Cleveland to raise money for a charity, and volunteered to be put in a dunking booth. If I didn't have to work at a job I had to have at the time, I would have been down there, spending my savings on baseballs to throw.

And now I like what he's doing in Buffalo.

Life is pretty strange sometimes. Go figure. :blush:

Mike

I have a feeling that even if this JP-Willis-Lee still make me wish for Jim-Thurman-Andre that by the end of the year Levy-Marchibroda-Corey-DeHaven is going to be replaced by Mularkey-Clements-Gray-April as the best in at least my memory of the Bills.