jason sehorn = moron

dave mcbride

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll second the motion...brady is one of the most overrated QB's in the game, due to his team, not unlike derek jeter... he's good, not great. There are about 7-8 QB's right now i'd rather have on ym team ahead of brady...

I even go to school with a pats fan and he says he brady isnt as good as all the hype and is extremely overrated

441415[/snapback]

And that's why you would fail miserably as a coach or general manager. Yes, some have more talent than Brady or Jeter, but you have to look at more than just talent. Guys like Brady and Jeter have "it." "It" cannot be measured, nor replaced. That's why they shine when it's all on the line, and that's why they are both winners.

The only thing wrong with Tom Brady is that he plays for the Patriots. If he was a Buffalo Bill with three rings, he would be held in a higher regard than any player that has ever worn the uniform. It wouldn't even be close.

Brady and Jeter are both great players, they are champions and MVPs, and they both win and handle all of the attention with class. People who hate them are, simply put, just plain jealous.

Name me a better one.

441436[/snapback]

You said it was the best, why don't YOU explain why. I couldn't tell you one guy from their o-line. In Patsy games that I've watched the line looked very average to me and Brady got a decent amount of pressure. Brady is way above average at avoiding pressure and above average at throwing under pressure. This is not fellating him, it's just being an honest observer.

You said it was the best, why don't YOU explain why. I couldn't tell you one guy from their o-line. In Patsy games that I've watched the line looked very average to me and Brady got a decent amount of pressure. Brady is way above average at avoiding pressure and above average at throwing under pressure. This is not fellating him, it's just being an honest observer.

441452[/snapback]

"Name" lines are not necessarily the best. The Patriot OL is good for a couple of reasons:

One, they are incredibly effective at blocking for the run. Take a look at Dillon's numbers last year.

Two, they are superb on screens and short passes. IMO, this is the HARDEST thing for an OL to do. To pull out and block on a screen effectively and in time has got to be the hardest thig to do in football.

So now can you tell me whiuch lines are better in the league for these two critical aspects of OL play?

0:)

"Name" lines are not necessarily the best. The Patriot OL is good for a couple of reasons:

One, they are incredibly effective at blocking for the run. Take a look at Dillon's numbers last year.

Total numbers aside, let's say average yds per run gives us an accurate guage of an oline. Dillon averaged 4.7 yds per run. Those who ran 4.6 yds per run and above include:Curtis Martin, Shaun Alexander, Edge James, Tiki Barber, Fred Taylor, Kevin Jones, Chris Brown, Priest Holmes, and Brian Westbrook. Guess there must be a whole slew of great olines out there... 0:)

Two, they are superb on screens and short passes. IMO, this is the HARDEST thing for an OL to do. To pull out and block on a screen effectively and in time has got to be the hardest thig to do in football.

So now can you tell me whiuch lines are better in the league for these two critical aspects of OL play?

:P

441468[/snapback]

Sheesh, blocking for screens get's blown up all the time. More importantly for a good screen is a QB that has good touch on the ball, accurate, and able to throw under pressure. What's that you say, New England is good at throwing screens and short passes? Oh, must be because of the oline... B-)

Go on hating Brady if you want. He's a Patriot so I hate him by default as well. But to say he's average and/or overrated borders on stupidity...

Go on hating Brady if you want. He's a Patriot so I hate him by default as well. But to say he's average and/or overrated borders on stupidity...

441496[/snapback]

I'm not saying he's BAD.

He's better than the likes of Pennington, Frerotte, Ramsey, Eli Manning, Leftwich, Griese, Plummer, etc...etc...

But if you're asking who the ELITE of the league are, I think that's a pretty small group:

Peyton Manning

Donovan McNabb

Duante Culpepper

Sehorn was wrong to assume Bulger was better than Brady. I think they're on a par.

I'm not saying he's BAD.

He's better than the likes of Pennington, Frerotte, Ramsey, Eli Manning, Leftwich, Griese, Plummer, etc...etc...

But if you're asking who the ELITE of the league are, I think that's a pretty small group:

Peyton Manning

Donovan McNabb

Duante Culpepper

Sehorn was wrong to assume Bulger was better than Brady. I think they're on a par.

441513[/snapback]

I'd take Peyton first as well. I like Dante and you know Donovan's my boy, but I'd take Brady over them in a heartbeat.

Take Brady out of the system and replace him with another QB who could still lead the Pats?

They need to be able to lead the team, read D's like no one else and have eyes in the back of thier heads.

Only a couple guys I would take and they aren't better but more or less his equal. Of recent vintage.

Brett Favre

Donovan McNabb

and on a flyer, Peyton. But, I wonder if he'd be too head strong.

SEATTLE?

Pittsburgh, I can see and maybe Indy too.

KC is on the downside IMO. They're pretty old.

441515[/snapback]

seattle has the best OT in the game at present (walter jones), plus two pro bowl caliber players as well (womack and hutchinson). plus chris spencer is a recent first round pick who appears quite promising. they've been a top 10 offense three years running, and jones hasn't given up a sack in a couple of years. plus there's a reason that shawn alexander has put up huge stats and averaged 15 rushing tds the past 4 years.

I hate Brady, no, I loathe Brady.

That being said, he is way better than a washed up former Rams QB.  If Peyton had a decent D, he might be the guy with the rings.

441397[/snapback]

One big difference between Peyton and Brady is that Peyton throws too many

interceptions at bad times in the game.....Brady never does that...

Of course having a aggresive D that causes turnovers and keeps the field

short for the O helps a lot.

New England has the best O-Line in football?  Are you high?

The ONLY QB you can make a case for being better than Brady is Peyton Manning.    Everyone else is second rate to Tom Terrific.    He is the one player New England couldnt afford to lose.   

But go ahead and take your Marc Bulgers, your Ron Mexicos, your Trent Greens and see how many times you go one or two and out in the playoffs.       

I'll continue to enjoy seeing those Lombardi Trophies in Foxboro.

441435[/snapback]

Boy, I never thought that I would agree with a Patsie troll, but in this case I do. The Pats O-line is not the best in the league although they play together well. Just 5 ugly guys that you've never heard of. Their OL coach has done a great job with them.

The thing that sets Brady apart in my opinion is his field vision. He always seems to get the ball to the guy that's open. Unless you get pressure on him and force him to throw sooner than he wants to he will pick most defenses apart.

Not the point.

The point is he plays behind the best OL in all professional football. He has one of the better TEs in the game. He now has Corey Dillon in the backfield. Most IMPORTANTLY, he has a defense that can be counted on to stymie anythng the opposition puts up.

The Browns have none of those things.

I'll guarantee if he was on the Browns he wouldn't have HALF the wins he's had as a Patriot.

441406[/snapback]

Football is the ultimate team game and Super stars do need other good players

around him to win championships....Even if you have the best line in football

I think you still need to be accurate to throw and get the ball into the WR...It is not as if the WR is running along...there are DBs defending them....

I don't like Brady in that he plays for the patriots and he keeps beating us....But he is a very good system QB....He does not have the same talent as a Elway or Marino, but has the same intelligence as a Montana....He is the best prepared

QB in the NFL today.