Cadillac will be spinning his tires

EZC-Boston

I know there is a lot of hype around the Bucs rookie, but I don't see him doing anything this Sunday. I'm prediciting less than 50 yards out of Williams and zero TDs. From my spot in the End Zone, it didn't look like we missed Big Pat at all. This defense is a well oiled machine.

I don't know his fumble history in college, but I can see him being overwhelmed by our defense and coughing it up a couple of times. All it takes to force a rookie into making uncharacteristic errors is to rattle his cage and shake his confidence -- both are things I am quite confident our D is capable of doing Sunday.

If Cadillac Williams gains three yards on that last run instead of 71, nothing changes. The Bucs still win the game. However, nobody is hyping him being the Next Great Running Back after 27 rushes for 80 yards. Popping a big one against a team with 11 in the box and no incentive to tackle him (because the Bucs would just go to victory formation) has led to unprecedented hype. Don't worry, it's strictly an illusion. I think the sub-3.0 YPC on the first 26 carries is more indicative of what to expect from him.

You want an impressive RB performance, look what Willie Parker did for Pittsburgh.

A better question with more influence on the outcome of Bills-Bucs: can Brian "Chipper" Griese beat our secondary, or will he make his usual assorment of turnovers out there?

I think our D will play exceptionally well; it's the O I'm worried about.  If we don't rush Willis, then we need to get him the ball some other way to soften up the pass rush.  I suggest lots of screens and sweeps.

441788[/snapback]

Against a defense noted for being undersized but very fast? :blush:

I'm not as confident as many in here. Their run game can be pretty darned good. Their o-line is smaller and athletic, they are conditioned, and they are fast. Dan Buenning is their LG and he is known as a GREAT pulling guard.

Ron Edwards was not heard from at all last game. I haven't heard a single thing about him on the telecast, from ANY coaches, Bills Digest, TD, sports "writers", or three message boards. I mean NOTHING. That doesn't seem to positive to me. Thank goodness Sam Adams is wide enough to cover both positions, but will Edwards show up this game???

The other thing, with Cadallic Williams is a pass catcher too. Look for a quick three step from Greise, a pull from the center and/or guards, and a pass to Williams or their TE.

Mularkey isn't the only one with tricks up his sleeve.

This will be a tough game.

I'm not as confident as many in here. Their run game can be pretty darned good. Their o-line is smaller and athletic, they are conditioned, and they are fast. Dan Buenning is their LG and he is known as a GREAT pulling guard.

Ron Edwards was not heard from at all last game. I haven't heard a single thing about him on the telecast, from ANY coaches, Bills Digest, TD, sports "writers", or three message boards. I mean NOTHING. That doesn't seem to positive to me. Thank goodness Sam Adams is wide enough to cover both positions, but will Edwards show up this game???

The other thing, with Cadallic Williams is a pass catcher too. Look for a quick three step from Greise, a pull from the center and/or guards, and a pass to Williams or their TE.

Mularkey isn't the only one with tricks up his sleeve.

This will be a tough game.

442373[/snapback]

I agree and disagree. Ron Edwards played a SOLID game against the Texans. He did his job and then some. I was especially impressed by his lateral movement - he was able to slide off blocks and make tackles far to his left or right, something I hadn't seen from him before.

I agree though that the Bucs offense is being underrated by folks here. As I said in another post, the Bucs specialty is their quick underneath passing game, which will force our linebackers to worry about coverage and, in turn, should open up some running lanes for Cadillac. Plus, the Bucs will avoid making the same mistake the Texans made - they will throw quite a bit on first down, to obtain some second and 3 or 4s, which also favors the running game (because the D has to play both the pass and the run on such downs, and is especially susceptible to playaction).