Sunday's high of 94

flyingant

The forecast in Tampa for Sunday is sunny with a high of 94.  Since the home team has the choice of uniforms, I bet the Bucs make the Bills wear their dark blue uniforms. It's going to be a hot one.

441106[/snapback]

You're right. I'm sure the BUcs will wear white jersey's and force the Bills to wear Blue. It will be similar to the Jacksonville away game a couple years ago. Let's hope the Bills bring their white pants and not be stupid to wear blue on blue.

can they wear their lighter blue throwbacks?

441136[/snapback]

I think this subject has been beaten to death in that teams can only wear throwbacks or Alternate jersey's twice per season. TD said we will wear them for the final time later this season...either at San Diego or more likely the Denver home National tv game.

94 in Buffalo is alot different than 94 in Tampa!

Jeff

441110[/snapback]

All through two-a-days in training camp, it was mid 90's and VERY humid, with a heat index over 100 degrees more than once. Sounds like Tampa to me, but I am often wrong. :P

Is the field turf or grass? I am guessing grass; it is cooler to play on then turf.

If they hydrate well (especially the linemen), I think/hope they they will be fine. I will be pretty pissed if guys are pulled out with cramps because they did not prepare! B-)

My biggest concern is the OL opening holes for the run. 0:)

I think this subject has been beaten to death in that teams can only wear throwbacks or Alternate jersey's twice per season.  TD said we will wear them for the final time later this season...either at San Diego or more likely the Denver home National tv game.

441142[/snapback]

So, can we wear them this week if we want to or not?

0:)

B-)

:P

My vote is the Denver game.

So, can we wear them this week if we want to or not?

441189[/snapback]

NO .... the BILLS would need to get approval from the NFL in much longer of a notice that just a few days in advance .. It's too late now

We'll most-likely be wearing the Navy w/ white pants ...

0:)

You're right. I'm sure the BUcs will wear white jersey's and force the Bills to wear Blue.  It will be similar to the Jacksonville away game a couple years ago. Let's hope the Bills bring their white pants and not be stupid to wear blue on blue.

441129[/snapback]

I don't want to sound like the 'Smug Authority on Uniforms' guy, but both Jacksonville and Tampa have worn white at home throughout their existence in the 1st half of the season.

Look what happened to the Broncos in the Miami heat.

Let me tell you, it is difficult just sitting in the stands in this heat at this time of year down here in Miami. I cannot imagine having to wear the equipment and play a game in this heat on the professional level.

At the beginning of fall practice for the Hurricanes, the back up QB had to be taken to the hospital because of dehydration. He lost 13 of his 212 pounds in one practice. It did not help that he had something like 4% body fat. This is a game where the Bills training staff will really have to stay on top of the players and make sure that they drink enough water etc. You almost have to force feed yourself water because you do not realize how much you are losing.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Fred Smerlas the one who was biffing on the sidelines in Miami because of the heat.

Look what happened to the Broncos in the Miami heat.

Let me tell you, it is difficult just sitting in the stands in this heat at this time of year down here in Miami.  I cannot imagine having to wear the equipment and play a game in this heat on the professional level. 

At the beginning of fall practice for the Hurricanes, the back up QB had to be taken to the hospital because of dehydration. He lost 13 of his 212 pounds in one practice.  It did not help that he had something like 4% body fat.  This is a game where the Bills training staff will really have to stay on top of the players and make sure that they drink enough water etc.  You almost have to force feed yourself water because you do not realize how much you are losing.

If I recall correctly, wasn't Fred Smerlas who was biffing on the sidelines in Miami because of the heat.

441545[/snapback]

First, if you think imagining playing football in this heat, imagine what it must be like for our soldiers in Iraq, Africa, etc.

As for Smerlas, I recall him barffing on the field before. He wrote in his book he even threw up on some poot center's hands while down in his four-point stance. Good stuff.