Fuel cost in america

cromagnum

How about the PEOPLE doing something about the fewking gas prices by reducing consumption?  You know, supply and demand?  Even simple things like refusing to "run out to the store" 2-3 times a week could make a difference in terms of conservation.

441450[/snapback]

That is what everyone else is supposed to do. Why should they have to sacrifice anything?

It kills me when environmentalists knock on my door looking to sign a petition or donate money to help the environment. They hop into their trendy SUV's and drive around from neighborhood to neighborhood looking for support. They try to hand me a plastic clipboard and a plastic pen. Neither are biodegradable. I start to rip them for their apparent lack of concern for the environment and they get all pissy with me. They seem to want everyone else to sacrifice and they are unwilling to make the same sacrifices.

Arianna (Zsa Zsa) Huffington arrived at the Sierra Club's convention in a large gas guzzling SUV yesterday!

441601[/snapback]

What's your point... She is politician, or quasi politician who is probally way more finacially stable then your average lunch toting pounding nail's worker....I do not know anything about her other then she ran for gov. job in ca. and emphasized driving a fuel economy vehicle to win the job...So now she bomb's around in a tank promoting enviroment issues...Yeah that's typical, Man in my job in certain town's we work for people that are wealthy, fancy car's and truck's in the four bay garage in this house never mind the private plane to fly to the second house and put around the ocean in the mini yaht all the while having to deal with hector the gardener and rosie the house cleaner,and me trying to pound a nail to make a 1$ and meanwhile hector's brother juan trying drive the price of my labor down, along with oil industry shakeing me down at the pump more and more every year...Nothing against these people they made their money buy and spend on whatever they want, hell I feel for em ,I walk in their house with blue jean's a white tee shirt workboot's and cheap deodorant bought at the dollarstore so they don't have to smell my caveman musk, and god forbid pee in the toilet....these type's of people are way different then us and have different cause's to promote....hell if she had a cat, and I had the cat juice combustion motor, that cat probally by accident bumbed into my nailgun and got tossed in the cattank, not a cat person, and at this point the only advice she would offer about the gas price is buy a lexus hybrid with non animal skin 55 multiple seat adjustable position's with 25 cup holder's.....Sorry about that just the way it is... at least for us lower class life form's... who have seen the price of gas triple in four year's and have seen it before and are hopeing to see it again, go down... with hopefully rational and economicle ideas that won't take the rest of the decade to resolve....wishful thinking?

Arianna (Zsa Zsa) Huffington arrived at the Sierra Club's convention in a large gas guzzling SUV yesterday!

441601[/snapback]

At least it was just one. Fearless Leader was here with a TWO-MILE LONG entourage of those big f-ing guzzlers last year.

How about the PEOPLE doing something about the fewking gas prices by reducing consumption?  You know, supply and demand?  Even simple things like refusing to "run out to the store" 2-3 times a week could make a difference in terms of conservation.

441450[/snapback]

Sure, lets all use bikes to get to work, so China and India can have cheap gas. Great.

Read this thread, in particular posts by me, phillburger1 and Crap Throwing Monkey.

Only place where government is involved is in causing uncertainty due to our Middle East involvement. But fundamental reasons are gasoline demand crossing the supply limit in the US in 2005. We were on the edge in 2004. Stop advocating govt. intervention in markets.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=28164

441429[/snapback]

Thank youI read the thread, just that issue was pissing me off, 3 tank's a week...Now I really do not want the gov't involved anymore then they are if it's going to cost more.... On the other hand if they can help, ahhhhhhhhh at this point were stuck dang it...Ok we ride this one out until either the price's come down or technology improves consumption.... It was nice while it lasted ...

Thank youI read the thread, just that issue was pissing me off, 3 tank's a week...Now I really do not want the gov't involved anymore then they are if it's going to cost more.... On the other hand if they can help, ahhhhhhhhh at this point were stuck dang it...Ok we ride this one out until either the price's come down or technology improves consumption.... It was nice while it lasted ...

442210[/snapback]

Problem with govt. intervention is two fold: it undermines the market forces at work and is hence sub-optimal to the economy as a whole. Secondly, any concessions provided come from our tax $ anyway. So either we end up paying more taxes or lose some other benefit.

442210[/snapback]

What kind of car do you drive? How far do you live from work?

Praying for the government to fix something they've been screwing up for years ain't the best logic.

What kind of car do you drive?  How far do you live from work? 

Praying for the government to fix something they've been screwing up for years ain't the best logic.

442532[/snapback]

Chevy 1 ton van, carrying 3/4 ton tool's and material's... Sometime's 3 different job's a day any where from a 100 to 200 mile's a day.... As a sub contractor, we are paid a set rate. With increased competition , cheaper labor due to a lot of illegal's around construction job's, raising our pay is not that simple...For instance even a sub crew driving down the street can stop at convience store next to a labor pool ''labor camp'' pickup as many loborer's as they want, pay each one $5o for the day, hence lowering lowering their overhead and that is how they make up for the increase $gas....And the company's selling the material's or general contractor's do not have to raise their price's and charge the customer's, because the crew's ability to find cheaper ''illegal labor'' ...It seem's like the last few year's illegal's have made construction job's along with $3.20 a gallon gas not worthwhile...Even I am able to speak spanish now, and I went to public school and took shop classe's not language classe's...AHHHH I am just whining, whew this line of work changed changed last few year's...

Chevy 1 ton van, carrying 3/4 ton tool's and material's... Sometime's  3 different job's a day any where from a 100 to 200 mile's a day....

442611[/snapback]

Looks like you are SOL, brother. I feel for you. Only suggestions I can give are:

Do you need to lug all the tools and material everytime ? Or is it too much of a pain loading and unloading just what you need ?

Also, can you schedule your jobs so that you are not driving the same path twice ?

Finally, can you concentrate your selling effort in a certain area only so you get more job wins and less driving between them ?

Sure, lets all use bikes to get to work, so China and India can have cheap gas. Great.

442208[/snapback]

It's that kind of mentality that lets the Saudis walk all over us. I suppose you would have spurned a Victory Garden in WWII? Duh. :(

Say your car gets 23 mpg. Say you live 2 miles from the grocery store. Say you make 3 roundtrips to the store per week to get a few things that you could probably wait to get. That's a minimum of 12 miles a week or 1/2 gallon of gas. Multiply that by 52 and you get 26 gallons of gas, for some vehicles a full tank.

So if you just consciously tried to stop "running to the store" and consolidating your errands into one trip, you could save gas, time and money.

But of course we don't conserve in America, all resources are here for us to use and/or sh-- upon. :(

So that when the people of China and India, who are used to deprivation and hard work, take over, there won't be much worth having.

Duh.

Looks like you are SOL, brother. I feel for you. Only suggestions I can give are:

Do you need to lug all the tools and material everytime ? Or is it too much of a pain loading and unloading just what you need ?

Also, can you schedule your jobs so that you are not driving the same path twice ?

Finally, can you concentrate your selling effort in a certain area only so you get more job wins and less driving between them ?

442646[/snapback]

Trip's are planned, so we do not back track wasteing time and gas..Material's are unloaded on average 400lb.s a job, after 3 job's all that excess weight is off the truck... Basically the market in general has changed, I'm sure there's a nich'e type work that I could look into and roll the bone's and hope it doesn't come up snakeye's... Remember that word outsourceing, I'm talking about insourceing at least in my type of work.... I do not see the gov't stopping the flood of illegal's coming in, for whatever reason, they are driving the labor price down and high gas price's is quite a combination...Like I said before I am just whining, the industry has changed and I know you got to roll with the punche's, that is just a nasty combination.. I am just sounding off my grievence's of high gas price's and the invasion of illegal's , and I don't live in a southern state bordering mexico... It feel's like there is a sign at the border saying help wanted come on in.... hell I might as well say time to pound the clavos....At least that problem I would think the gov't should intervene, but appear's they didn't on that one,anyway manana is another dias