preseason wunderkind antonio brown

eball

i've been telling my boss (huge skins fan) for weeks that antonio brown is not the answer as a kick returner or WR. i talked about how he will drop 4 out of 5 passes thrown to him, how he can only run in a straight line, and that he'll go down if an opponent breathes on him. my boss laughed and agreed that he had seen signs of that during the preseason.

then, on sunday, antonio fumbled a kick return that gave the bears possession on the 23, leading to their only score of the game.

you'd have thought gregg williams learned his lesson and would have warned gibbs about brown. :angry:

i've been telling my boss (huge skins fan) for weeks that antonio brown is not the answer as a kick returner or WR.  i talked about how he will drop 4 out of 5 passes thrown to him, how he can only run in a straight line, and that he'll go down if an opponent breathes on him.  my boss laughed and agreed that he had seen signs of that during the preseason.

then, on sunday, antonio fumbled a kick return that gave the bears possession on the 23, leading to their only score of the game.

you'd have thought gregg williams learned his lesson and would have warned gibbs about brown.    :)

440456[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I have never, not ever seen an easier NFL player to tackle.

On kick returns, a stiff breeze would absolutely flatten him.

Parrish (if he is ever healthy) will probably be a power runner compared to Brown. :angry:

He was actually cut Monday, to make room for the kicker they signed from Maryland, because Hall is hurt again. 

Just wanted to make sure you got your facts straight.

440460[/snapback]

hey man...thanks for keeping me honest.

you'll agree that antonio sucks ass, right? :angry:

you'd have thought gregg williams learned his lesson and would have warned gibbs about brown. :doh:

440456[/snapback]

What makes you think old GW even knows who he is? I saw no indication Gregg paid ANY attention to the offense or special teams. :D

I couldn't agree more. I have never, not ever seen an easier NFL player to tackle.

On kick returns, a stiff breeze would absolutely flatten him.

Parrish (if he is ever healthy) will probably be a power runner compared to Brown.  :doh:

440462[/snapback]

Among "easy to tackle" players, it always seemed like RB Shawn Bryson was one of the easiest.

Weird, too, because he was a 230-pound RB/FB type.

Nice man, very fast, but went down so easily with contact. Still with the Lions, though.