Rams are really effed up.

Beerball

How screwed up is the Rams organization? A writer for the Post Dispatch had an article saying that Martz (or whoever was the coach) deserved support from within the team. You shouldn't backstab the head coach said the article.

The team's director of football administration left a voicemail for the columnist saying he wasn't a backstabber, he's a throat slasher...fuggin nutz.

linky

The rams will handle things internally. :angry:

OK, how long before the OJ jokes? 5-4-3-2...

...The Rams told the Post-Dispatch that team executive Samir Suleiman faces discipline, but declined to say what it would be. A call to the Rams on Wednesday was not returned.

He will be disciplined?  How hard is it to say "You're FIRED"!

440484[/snapback]

No kiddin, guy should have been gone post haste.

Lawyer types...worth pursuing this nutbag for threatening violins?

"St. Louis Columnist Hears 'Throat Slasher' Threat on Voicemail

By E&P Staff

Published: September 14, 2005 11:55 AM ET

NEW YORK Everyone knows reporting can be a risky business -- especially in a time of natural disasters, wars, and high-level leakers -- but it's not every day a writer hears an apparent death threat on his answering machine. Yet that's what greeted St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz. This is what he encountered in his voice mail:

"Tell your source I'm not a backstabber." So far so good, but then the man added: "I'm a [expletive] throat slasher, and he'll know the difference before it's all said and done."

The speaker was not just the usual reader, but the director of football administration with the local St. Louis Rams pro football team, Samir Sulieman.

Now Rams president John Shaw says Suleiman will be

reprimanded. "It's shocking that he would leave a message like that," Shaw told the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday. "It's the type of behavior that we don't condone on any level. He will be reprimanded, and it will be handled internally."

Shaw declined to say what the reprimand would entail.

In an Aug. 28 column, Miklasz had simply opined that Rams executives owed the team's head coach -- no matter who he was -- their support instead of back-stabbing him. This apparently inspired Suleiman's response. He was among five execs mentioned in the column. It's unclear what he meant, in his phone message, by "your source."

Suleiman has worked for the Rams for six years. "

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/ne...t_id=1001136532

Pure genius. Somehow the guy thought he could leave that message on a writer's voice mail and the reporter wouldn't report it? If I were the Rams I wouldn't fire the guy for inappropriate behavior, I'd can his ass for being an idiot.