Gov. Blanco admits she didn't ask for troops

SilverNRed

This is really going to hurt everyone's attempts to blame a hurricne on Bush, but here's Governor Blanco admitting how badly she screwed up.  CNN caught her between interviews talking with an aide about "maybe I should have asked for troops."

CNN Video

440183[/snapback]

It is not like facts have stopped the MoveOn.org loonies or the left-wingers on this board in the past. What makes you think it will stop them now (or even slow them down)?

But, isn't that exactly what some people are saying? That the federal government was wrong for not anticipating what the state (much less the city) needed a few days ahead of time?

440495[/snapback]

Yes, it is. I figured a great many wouldn't recognize my sarcasm for what it was because of that. The basic argument always seems to be a variant of "Bush wasn't psychic", ignoring the two simple facts that:

1) the president's not supposed to be psychic, and

2) emergency response is delegated about two levels down (at least) from the Office of the President.

So really, the basic argument is "Bush is bound by reality!" Well, !@#$ing DUH! :doh:

This is really going to hurt everyone's attempts to blame a hurricane on Bush, but here's Governor Blanco admitting how badly she screwed up.  CNN caught her between interviews talking with an aide about "maybe I should have asked for troops."

CNN Video

440183[/snapback]

All that proves is: BUSH BAD!!!! BUSH BAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but come on.  Is there anybody that likes to do paperwork?

440491[/snapback]

Depends on the sense of urgency.

Regular picture.

Zoomed in.

It would suck to have the press capture that little moment, but I can't help but wonder why he chose to frame it as a question - note the question mark. Is he not sure if he has to pee?

You what they say George, if you have to ask, the answer is no.

Regular picture

Zoomed in.

It would suck to have the press capture that little moment, but I can't help but wonder why he chose to frame it as a question - note the question mark.  Is he not sure if he has to pee? 

441536[/snapback]

Holy hell!! The fact that someone wasted their time to take this photo is bad enough. To publish it is absolutely ridiculous. What the hell is so newsworthy about this?

Regular picture

Zoomed in.

It would suck to have the press capture that little moment, but I can't help but wonder why he chose to frame it as a question - note the question mark.  Is he not sure if he has to pee? 

441536[/snapback]

Holy cow!! It's the smoking gun!!! Impeachment I say, impeachment!!!

Slow news day? :)

Holy cow!!  It's the smoking gun!!!  Impeachment I say, impeachment!!! 

Slow news day?  :)

441695[/snapback]

John Kerry is recommending an independent investigation into this memo. Blue Ribbon Panel, anyone?

Regular picture

Zoomed in.

441536[/snapback]

Speaking of Presidential piss breaks. If you're in the head, he walks in to the urinal next to you. Do you peek?

Regular picture

Zoomed in.

441536[/snapback]

I think it's disturbing that the press is zooming in on what the President is writing to his advisors. It's funny this time, but they shouldn't have access to that information. It's no one's business.

I think it's disturbing that the press is zooming in on what the President is writing to his advisors.  It's funny this time, but they shouldn't have access to that information.  It's no one's business.

442003[/snapback]

I'm sure many of us have sat in many a meeting. The question mark could have been a reference to something someone else said, not that it matters. I've passed notes to people with question marks in meetings many a time. A lot of them were along the lines of "WTF???"