How's the Valerie Plame investigation going?

PastaJoe

I'm sure Karl Rove is happy to be off the front pages, but I hope the investigators don't drop the ball and just let him and anyone else who were involved off the hook because it's not the top story. God knows this administration has avoided enough investigations of questionable behavior because of the lack of oversight by the Republican controlled Congress.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows this administration has avoided enough investigations of questionable behavior because of the lack of oversight by the Republican controlled Congress.

440007[/snapback]

Yeah....THIS Administration.

Because PAST Administrations did such a bang-up job of investigating "questionable behavior" within its' ranks.

Give it up.........

I'm sure Karl Rove is happy to be off the front pages, but I hope the investigators don't drop the ball and just let him and anyone else who were involved off the hook because it's not the top story.  God knows this administration has avoided enough investigations of questionable behavior because of the lack of oversight by the Republican controlled Congress.

440007[/snapback]

The witch hunt shifted to Brown and this is old news. Where you been man? In a cave?

I'm sure Karl Rove is happy to be off the front pages, but I hope the investigators don't drop the ball and just let him and anyone else who were involved off the hook because it's not the top story.  God knows this administration has avoided enough investigations of questionable behavior because of the lack of oversight by the Republican controlled Congress.

440007[/snapback]

all i can say to this post is: :angry:

do i think the situation is funny? no...i think it is funny that you post this out of the blue. i dunno why. i just think it is funny.

all i can say to this post is:    :angry:

do i think the situation is funny?  no...i think it is funny that you post this out of the blue.  i dunno why.  i just think it is funny.

440272[/snapback]

I think it's more sad than funny. The fact that he is so angry that this pisses him off.

440007[/snapback]

I heard Valerie and Cindy Sheehan are getting their own talk show on the Oxygen Network.

Yeah....THIS Administration.

Because PAST Administrations did such a bang-up job of investigating "questionable behavior" within its' ranks.

Give it up.........

440161[/snapback]

No. You're right. I'm fugging thrilled that the Congress spent tens of millions of dollars investigating a BJ. THAT made sense. Investigating the leak of a CIA operative's name: that makes NO sense.

No. You're right. I'm fugging thrilled that the Congress spent tens of millions of dollars investigating a BJ. THAT made sense. Investigating the leak of a CIA operative's name: that makes NO sense.

440357[/snapback]

scary part is there are facets of that investigation that are still going on 8+ years later ...

That a President would commit such and NOT resign is breathtaking. That anyone of any intelligence whatsoever would excuse such is equally breathtaking.

440414[/snapback]

That's certainly an issue. Also fantastic that the Repubs spent tens of millions (but what do the spend-and-spend Repubs care about my money?) investigating the BJ. Thanks for that waste boys.

440357[/snapback]

But the $6 of my tax money that went into the Starr report provided me more entertainment than most of the movies I went to that year...

But the $6 of my tax money that went into the Starr report provided me more entertainment than most of the movies I went to that year...

440522[/snapback]

Yeah, PeeWee, but I heard that the types of movies you go to have all sorts of stains. On the screen and in the seats. :doh:

440357[/snapback]

Somebody brought up the Starr investigation. THAT was a surprise!

Im speaking strictly of the implication by the initial poster that the fact there is a Republican dominated Congress has something to do with this. Of course, either combination would have brought the same amount of whining from him and others. And by YOU mentioning the Starr report, it just further proves the silliness of the whole thing

D President/ R Congress: "Its a witch hunt!!" (Clinton)

R President/ R Congress: "Its a cover up!!!!" (Bush)

440522[/snapback]

You know what? I agree. I downloaded that report before making a long drive with my wife. We read that POS and laughed and cried. If it didn't come at such a price, it would be funny.

Somebody brought up the Starr investigation. THAT was a surprise! 

Im speaking strictly of the implication by the initial poster that the fact there is a Republican dominated Congress has something to do with this. Of course, either combination would have brought the same amount of whining from him and others. And by YOU mentioning the Starr report, it just further proves the silliness of the whole thing

D President/ R Congress: "Its a witch hunt!!" (Clinton)

R President/ R Congress: "Its a cover up!!!!" (Bush)

440583[/snapback]

Someone brought up Congressional investigations of "questionable behavior." The most notorious and dubious of these in recent years was the BJ report. If you were happy with how your boys spent your money investigating spermies, you got what you wanted.

But, having spent so much money and time investigating oral sex, I would really hope that Congress dedicated about 1000X that to a probing a allegations of a leak from within the White House that exposed a CIA operative.

But that's just because I have my priorities in order.

OK- back to your soundbytes now RK.

That's certainly an issue. Also fantastic that the Repubs spent tens of millions (but what do the spend-and-spend Repubs care about my money?) investigating the BJ. Thanks for that waste boys.

440422[/snapback]

Some say investigating a BJ, others say investigating whether or not someone lied to a federal grand jury, which is a felony.

Easy to confuse the two I guess... :doh:

Some say investigating a BJ, others say investigating whether or not someone lied to a federal grand jury, which is a felony.

Easy to confuse the two I guess... :doh:

440762[/snapback]

Of course, most originally said "investigating transactions related to Whitewater". How we get from that to a lurid account of the president's kinky sexual habits is beyond me...but it could lead some to think that just maybe Starr overstepped his mandate. :D