TiVo ALERT!! - 6 Days Until Sunday

Justice

The thing that surprised me is that he said he throws up at the beginning of EVERY game!  I was not aware of that.  With all the sideline reporters and WGR (and prior to that WNSA & Empire) and all the other local sports reporters, how come I have to watch NFL network to hear about that?  Or is it so well known, that all the local reporters think that is no longer news?

Dave.

442833[/snapback]

I think Jim Ritcher said he use to throw before every game, too. I recall him saying it wasn't that abnormal in the NFL.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching it - AWESOME!  The guys seem really pumped up.  Some really good lines too.  For example, some of the Bills go bowling every week, and the loser has to pay the entire tab.  One of the players, I think it was Hagan, said, "He pays me so much, he should claim me as a dependant on his taxes!"  Awesome. :(

Also, Spikes called Jason Peters "JP."

I might try to include this on the Bills/Texans DVD I'm working on, but I don't know how much I'd have to compress the game to make it fit.  We'll see.

It's on several more times tonight, so if you missed it, there's still a chance to see it!

CW

442188[/snapback]

It was freaking awesome! They kept referencing throughout the program that it was available in HD. Do you know where it is available on D* in HD? It's not 212, and there is nothing scheduled for their usual NFL Channel HD stuff on 98. I would love to get this recorded in HD (OK, downrez HD).

Agreed. I hope Fletcher retires as a Bill. What a 1-2 combo, Fletcher and Spikes make. Both players make each other that much better on the field.

442186[/snapback]

They could go down as the best 1-2 LB combo in the history of the Bills.

Yes, better than Conlan and Biscuit.

Mike

TKO and London > Bennett and Talley.

If not now, later.

Mike

443394[/snapback]

I don't think it's a fair comparison. Talley and Bennett never had the luxury of playing behind DTs as good as PW and SA. That was the glaring weakness of those teams. Jeff Wright was a nice player but he'd be lucky to get many snaps on this team.

I don't think it's a fair comparison.  Talley and Bennett never had the luxury of playing behind DTs as good as PW and SA.  That was the glaring weakness of those teams.  Jeff Wright was a nice player but he'd be lucky to get many snaps on this team.

443461[/snapback]

uggh. you had to go and remind me of our undersized NT. now i'm sick to my stomach.

thanks for nothin'. ;)

Anyone else find it unusual that the team stays in a hotel on Saturday before HOME games? Is this common practice in the NFL? I didn't think so at all, but it seems like it's good for the team. Or perhaps it follows the same thoery of boxers. Boxers don't have sex for weeks (if not longer) before a fight. Maybe the coaches want the players away from their wives for a night. ... just a thought. But to get back to the actual point, do many teams do this? Stay at a hotel before a home game?

Anyone else find it unusual that the team stays in a hotel on Saturday before HOME games? Is this common practice in the NFL? I didn't think so at all, but it seems like it's good for the team. Or perhaps it follows the same thoery of boxers. Boxers don't have sex for weeks (if not longer) before a fight. Maybe the coaches want the players away from their wives for a night. ... just a thought. But to get back to the actual point, do many teams do this? Stay at a hotel before a home game?

443756[/snapback]

yes, i believe it's a common practice, even in college. the point is getting the players into a routine and focused on the game. by staying in a hotel even before home games, it makes every game seem somewhat the same (home and road).

443756[/snapback]

Yes, this is common. When I got married (in Green Bay), the Packers had a home game and they happened to be staying in the hotel we had our reception in. Several guests saw the Packers players walking around (and that made them happy, as 3/4 of the guests were Packers fans. :devil: ).

CW

It was freaking awesome!  They kept referencing throughout the program that it was available in HD.  Do you know where it is available on D* in HD?  It's not 212, and there is nothing scheduled for their usual NFL Channel HD stuff on 98.  I would love to get this recorded in HD (OK, downrez HD).

442869[/snapback]

D* claims that they do carry the NFL Network stuff in HD (when it's HD material) on channel 84, but I've never seen anything available on that channel. They definitely don't have their sh-- together when it comes to the NFL Network on HD.