Reading ESPN inside, I figure we lose Jerry Grey

NavyBillsFan

I know that he will never come back, but imo Wade Phillips is as good as any defensive mind in football, including GW or Capers. Cottrell is very good as well, but imo he is a Wade disciple.

Personally, I hope that Wade gets another shot at being a head coach. He WAS better at it than Greg Williams.

440389[/snapback]

Wade was also screwed out of the head honcho spot in Atlanta, right? You're right. He was definately better as a head coach than Williams.

People are overlooking the most obvious landing spot for Gray:  if Texas somehow effs up again and loses to OU, Mack Brown is done.  Gray, a former Longhorn, would be the people's choice for the job, I think.

Fortunately for Brown, the Sooners look ripe for the picking this year.

440358[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Mack Brown would not be in trouble with the administration if he loses to OU again this year.

He is lining the coffers in Austin and there is no way the admin would replace him outside of some type of scandal ala Baylor. He gets recruits and brings in tons of money. He aint goin nowhere. Also no way Gray would be considered, even with his ties, without previous HC experience.

Just tellin you what's said 'round these parts.

Gray has said on the record that he wants to be a head coach. College, pros he doesn't care, he wants to be a head coach. He'll land a job, and soon, but not at UT.

Not Dick man,  I think Dick had his chance and it was a bad one.  People still talk about his time up there.  The sad thing is he may just be a great coach.  But coaching in Cin is just bad all around I think....

Throw in Arizona, Cleveland, and NO.  Those are just teams that ruin people's reps...

440391[/snapback]

Somehow Jim Haslett still has a good rep. I am pretty sure there were Wallers two yars ago pleading with TD to hire him.