I hate it, it sucks, I want no more of it

/dev/null

Who the hell dreamed up this anyway?  It's not JUST that country music sucks, but ANY song played week after week like that would get old.  I guess that's their attempt to connect to the young demographic.  No wonder MNF is leaving ABC.

438513[/snapback]

At least it wasnt the Hippitty Hoppitty bullsh-- that CBS was pushing on Sunday during before the games. ugh

don't know what it is about the pushin and the shovin,

but i'm sick of seeing all the brady man lovin'

cuz i hate it, it sucks, i want no more of it

16 more MNFs listening to that redneck sh--

i hate it, it sucks, i want no more of it

that song got real old real fast

438503[/snapback]

The song is okay, but I really wanted to see highlights - that was a moving collage of BS.....I'll bet that it does not last very long.

On the other hand, it was pretty funny to watch Jessica Simpson imitating Joe Cocker singing "God Bless America".  I mean, what kind of an epileptic seizure was she having?  :doh:

438534[/snapback]

about 5 of us at the bar were wondering the same thing...

Who the hell dreamed up this anyway?  It's not JUST that country music sucks, but ANY song played week after week like that would get old.  I guess that's their attempt to connect to the young demographic.  No wonder MNF is leaving ABC.

438513[/snapback]

I think it's just like every stupid idea that the NFL and networks have had for the last ten years.....horrible announcers....."name" sideline reporters and pre-game guys.....adding non football people (Dennis Miller, Rush Limbaugh, etc).....Hank Williams and now this stupid crap....

It's all an effort to increase ratings. We all find it so objectionable because they are actively marketing NON-FOOTBALL FANS. They know we'll watch no matter how bad it gets because we love football, so they ignore the desires of football fans and put on the rest of the song and dance to get the NASCAR fans, soccer moms or whoever else is out there.

I think it's just like every stupid idea that the NFL and networks have had for the last ten years.....horrible announcers....."name" sideline reporters and pre-game guys.....adding non football people (Dennis Miller, Rush Limbaugh, etc).....Hank Williams and now this stupid crap....

It's all an effort to increase ratings.  We all find it so objectionable because they are actively marketing NON-FOOTBALL FANS.  They know we'll watch no matter how bad it gets because we love football, so they ignore the desires of football fans and put on the rest of the song and dance to get the NASCAR fans, soccer moms or whoever else is out there.

438772[/snapback]

And that is it in a nutshell. Unfortunate, but true. Even when that stupid song was done, you could see the look on Al Michael's face was to the effect of..."Must you cut back to me and must I refer to this as halftime highlights...??"

It's all an effort to increase ratings.  We all find it so objectionable because they are actively marketing NON-FOOTBALL FANS.  They know we'll watch no matter how bad it gets because we love football, so they ignore the desires of football fans and put on the rest of the song and dance to get the NASCAR fans, soccer moms or whoever else is out there.

438772[/snapback]

To me there's a major flaw in that type of approach. The non-football fans don't CARE. You could put anybody on the halftime, pre-game, or whatever show and the soccer moms aren't going to watch. You have an audience. Appeal to them and make them stronger. That's the real reason why their ratings have been slipping. Because even football fans are turned off by the nonsense.

Because even football fans are turned off by the nonsense.

438807[/snapback]

They sure are, and here's an example: That halftime was so bad that I changed the channel and started watching something else. I forogt all about the game...flipped back for the end of the 3Q for a few minutes then decided to go to bed. They lost me specifically because of the nonsense.

They sure are, and here's an example:  That halftime was so bad that I changed the channel and started watching something else.  I forogt all about the game...flipped back for the end of the 3Q for a few minutes then decided to go to bed.  They lost me specifically because of the nonsense.

438829[/snapback]

No reason to watch the pregame on ESPN any more either. If Boomer aint doin it I aint watching. How Stuart Scott has retained a job is beyond me.

AMEN, AMEN ... and AMEN! The format is stupid ... and actually a little annoying. A patchwork of shots - all out of context - with some country singer's take on top of it? Christ ... just give us highlites. Even if you only show ONE play from the various Sunday games, it's better than this crap. Hey, I wonder if they CAN kill it now.

don't know what it is about the pushin and the shovin,

but i'm sick of seeing all the brady man lovin'

cuz i hate it, it sucks, i want no more of it

16 more MNFs listening to that redneck sh--

i hate it, it sucks, i want no more of it

that song got real old real fast

438503[/snapback]

I decided to bust out the remote control for that segment!