Something else no one is talking about...

Ghost of BiB

Penalties. Both red zone production and third down conversion were badly affected by penalties. The Texan's TD was a direct result as well.

This is something that needs to get fixed. The offense isn't going to be able to dig out of many 1-20's or 3-12's against a lot of the teams they'll face this year. Bothered me through the pre-season (last several seasons, actually) and is going to cost some winable games.

Penalties. Both red zone production and third down conversion were badly affected by penalties. The Texan's TD was a direct result as well.

This is something that needs to get fixed. The offense isn't going to be able to dig out of many 1-20's or 3-12's against a lot of the teams they'll face this year. Bothered me through the pre-season (last several seasons, actually) and is going to cost some winable games.

438498[/snapback]

some people may not be talking about them, but I guarantee you the coaching staff is!!

I did a quick look-through of the play-by-play. Every time they had to get more than 10 yards in 3 plays (in all cases this time due to penalty...the one sack was on 3rd down) they failed, but each time they managed to get at least 10 yards (one of the times turned into the 4th and 2 that we converted) in 3 plays. I counted only one time in the first half that they didn't get 10 yards in 3 downs....In the second half, things got a little messier, with 5 drive stalls "without" penalty, and one "with."

The one that really made me mad was the Bennie Anderson false start.

439311[/snapback]

From my view at The Ralph, it looked like Anderson and Gandy had pretty good days, that penalty notwithstanding.

JP had plenty of time most of the time, and it looked like the left side of the line had some decent-sized holes on running plays.