Nice post by SilverNred

erynthered

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your manlove for SNR quite disturbing.  Aside from that, he did have a nice post.

438569[/snapback]

I also find the manlove disturbing.

I take the water was fine where you live? Betcha your local Schnucks had lots of water stocked?

Nursing homes in Champaign are probably doing fine?

The bottom line is that TV coverage was not that positive yet, the human suffering that was shown was very real.

Why not show it?

I take the water was fine where you live?  Betcha your local Schnucks had lots of water stocked?

The bottom line is that TV coverage was not that positive yet, the human suffering that was shown was very real.

Why not show it?

438605[/snapback]

Woa, hold on there. I am in no way questioning the human suffering going on. What I do question about the media is the laziness of trying to get all the facts before they try to pin the blame or make statements. That's what I took from the article.

Why not show it?

438605[/snapback]

No one said don't show it. But people are rightly questioning why the news is "blame" oriented. Just because people are suffering doesn't mean that someone is at fault. Tragedies happen, people die.

I take the water was fine where you live?  Betcha your local Schnucks had lots of water stocked?

Why not show it?

438605[/snapback]

The problem isn't that they showed human suffering, the problem is that ALL they showed was human suffering without providing any hard information as to what was going on at the local, state, and federal levels to help people.

And the media just talks about the federal response like it's a hard fact that it was an unmitigated disaster when that is the exact opposite of the truth.

CNN isn't asking "Was the federal response slow compared to previous natural disasters?" No, the graphic at the screen this morning was "Who is to blame for the government's slow response?" This morning MSNBC's graphic was "Bush responds to criticism for sluggish federal response." No one in the mainstream media has the balls to ask if what they're "reporting" is even true.

When your job is to sit behind a desk and read a teleprompter, I don't know if I need your opinion on how disasters should be handled.

The problem isn't that they showed human suffering, the problem is that ALL they showed was human suffering without providing any hard information as to what was going on at the local, state, and federal levels to help people.

And the media just talks about the federal response like it's a hard fact that it was an unmitigated disaster when that is the exact opposite of the truth.

CNN isn't asking "Was the federal response slow compared to previous natural disasters?"  No, the graphic at the screen this morning was "Who is to blame for the government's slow response?"  This morning MSNBC's graphic was "Bush responds to criticism for sluggish federal response."  No one in the mainstream media has the balls to ask if what they're "reporting" is even true. 

When your job is to sit behind a desk and read a teleprompter, I don't know if I need your opinion on how disasters should be handled.

438750[/snapback]

It is undeniable that criminal Bush is to blame for the flood. It is not just a coincidence that Operation Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans but not his multi-billion dollars oil ranch in Crawford, punishing the disenfranchised poor black population of the city for not voting for him in the rigged fraudulent 2000 and 2004 elections.

No one said don't show it.  But people are rightly questioning why the news is "blame" oriented.  Just because people are suffering doesn't mean that someone is at fault.  Tragedies happen, people die.

438749[/snapback]

So true. So true.

In this case some people got served and some people didn't get served.

I am probably sure that the people that didn't get served can blame somebody?

That is all the media is focusing on.

The media was the squeeky wheel... It served a purpose.

It is undeniable that criminal Bush is to blame for the flood. It is not just a coincidence that Operation Hurricane Katrina destroyed New Orleans but not his multi-billion dollars oil ranch in Crawford, punishing the disenfranchised poor black population of the city for not voting for him in the rigged fraudulent 2000 and 2004 elections.

438761[/snapback]

Trent Lott's home in MS was wiped out.

Collateral damage? Friendly fire?

Trent Lott's home in MS was wiped out.

Collateral damage?  Friendly fire?

439107[/snapback]

Criminal Bush will stop at nothing to forcibly impose his criminal illegal fraudulent rule. The social turmoil caused by the massive flooding, provoked by squads of undercover secret CIA-backed US Special Forces disguised as looters looting commercial buildings (just like they did in Baghdad in 2003, the criminal Modus Operandi of the Bush clique always repeating itself) gave him so called "justification" for imposing martial law upon the US, the necessary pretext to round-up progressives and political dissidents and summarily stifling dissent.

Shepherd Smith.

439266[/snapback]

"Officer, there's a body over there. Can't you do anything? Officer! OFFICER!! OFF-I-SIR!!!! There's....there's....just no law and order here."

Don't forget CNN's hard-hitting interview with Celine Dion.

"Why didn't we have KAYAKS?!"

"Officer, there's a body over there.  Can't you do anything?  Officer!  OFFICER!!  OFF-I-SIR!!!!  There's....there's....just no law and order here."

439276[/snapback]

"No one's doing anything about this body, so I decided to use it as a photo op..."

:devil: That (his ridiculous little "nobody's doing anything" report) is the precise moment I started actively rooting for the looters to cap his ass...

Fortunately, I've managed to avoid all but hearsay reports of the Celine Dion interview...