NFL Network's "Point After"

ajzepp

Anyone else think this program rules? I'll be sad when ESPN takes "Primetime" off the air next year, mostly for nostalgia's sake......but I have to admit that this Point After show is the one I prefer anyway. The highlight segments are longer and I love hearing clips from the post-game interviews. There are no talking heads other than the narrator, so it's just nothing but FOOTBALL baby!!

Anyone else like this show?

I'm with ya...

Primetime really is getting worse every year.

"Sets up a FG, Rams lead 3-0....OK lets cut to the 4th Qtr with the score 41-35"...

WHERE ARE THE FREAKING HIGHLITES? Baseball Tonight is more in depth and that's on every damn night.

Anyway, glad I finally got NFL Network.

I hope the NFL Network can someday be part of a standard cable or satellite deal, or be available as a "menu" choice to pay for instead of an extension to basic service.

Hell between satellite, road runner, land line phone, cell phones.... it just costs to much to get it all! :doh:

I hope the NFL Network can someday be part of a standard cable or satellite deal, or be available as a "menu" choice to pay for instead of an extension to basic service.

Hell between satellite, road runner, land line phone, cell phones.... it just costs to much to get it all!  :doh:

437680[/snapback]

I can recommend several people here who can demonstrate the fine art of stealing.

Hell between satellite, road runner, land line phone, cell phones.... it just costs to much to get it all!  :doh:

437680[/snapback]

You mean there are STILL cable companies that don't offer this channel??? I thought that was taken care of this year.....geesh.....that's ridiculous!

Anyone else think this program rules? I'll be sad when ESPN takes "Primetime" off the air next year, mostly for nostalgia's sake......but I have to admit that this Point After show is the one I prefer anyway. The highlight segments are longer and I love hearing clips from the post-game interviews. There are no talking heads other than the narrator, so it's just nothing but FOOTBALL baby!!

Anyone else like this show?

437625[/snapback]

I totally completely agree with you!! This show and Coach Speak which I tape b/c its on monday afternoon are absolutely awesome shows! I like primetime, but I have always been dissapointed that the highlights seem to be short. I hope that NBC's sunday night show is worthwhile next year. It should be, I've always liked Costas and i think he has good interaction with Collingsworth who both give good perspective and insight into the games.

I totally completely agree with you!!  This show and Coach Speak which I tape b/c its on monday afternoon are absolutely awesome shows!  I like primetime, but I have always been dissapointed that the highlights seem to be short.  I hope that NBC's sunday night show is worthwhile next year.  It should be, I've always liked Costas and i think he has good interaction with Collingsworth who both give good perspective and insight into the games.

437720[/snapback]

Hell, I completely forgot about Coach Speak....that one is awesome too! Being stuck in Atlanta, I really appreciate having access to these shows since I rarely get to see da Bills on tv. Thankfully the Falcons play at the Ralph on the 25th, so I'll get to see that one and whatever Sunday night games we have this year. And then of course I'll get to see them in the PLAYOFFS!!!! GO BILLS!!!!

Point After is good with showing all the extra highlights and the post game comments that you would not see on NFL Primetime.

However, Point After is far more bland than NFL Primetime.

The narrator doing the highlights sounds like he's about to fall asleep. Then of course there is none of the great NFL Primetime music to go along with the highlights that we all know and love.

I still love NFL Primetime, even though the highlights have gotten shorter and shorter. It really needs to be a 90 minute show, not just an hour.

I would like to see Point After done the same way that NFL Total Access is done. Rich Eisen and one of the other studio members should be doing the highlights. It would make Point After a little more lively. I hope NFL Network does this, it's a good show that can get better.

I'll be sad when ESPN takes "Primetime" off the air next year, mostly for nostalgia's sake......but I have to admit that this Point After show is the one I prefer anyway. The highlight segments are longer and I love hearing clips from the post-game interviews. There are no talking heads other than the narrator, so it's just nothing but FOOTBALL baby!!

After they do their brief highlights of each game, don't they go to a lengthy batch of coach and/or player interviews?

I'd say that's just as many if not more talking heads than Primetime.