After the first week

Mikie2times

1. New England- Until they prove otherwise they deserve this spot

2. Chiefs- The complete offense and a much improved defense. Ladies and gentlemen I introduce you to your AFC West Champion.

3. Pittsburgh- Same formula different year, Pittsburgh is going to be difficult to beat.

4. Indianapolis- Peyton is still Peyton and the defense looked very good, albeit against a horrible Ravens offense.

5. Buffalo- Same great defense, can JP continue to manage games?

6. Jacksonville- Making strides offensively, very solid defense. Does Fragile Freddy hold up?

7. Cincinnati- Carson Palmer is going to turn some heads this year, a team on the cusp of a wild card.

8. San Diego- Gates could help them leap frog a few teams down the road. I think the 2004 magic wears off and this team turns out .500

9. Ravens- The defense is truly special, but like 2004 they just don't have the offense to compete.

10. Jets- Atrocious start to the season, so many question marks that seemed to be working against them. This will be Edwards last year as head coach.

11. Raiders- Plenty of offensive fire power, they need to use Moss as a decoy to open up Jordan and Porter. Passing defense is not NFL caliber.

12. Dolphins- Powerful start to Sabans tenure. Ferotte will throw for some yards with those receivers and the defense is still pretty solid.

13. Broncos- Plummers inconsistency, and a the 2004 Browns DL will do this team in. The running game will keep them out of the cellar.

14. Texans- Looked lost in the opener, but Johnson and Davis should be able to get them 5-7 wins.

15. Browns- Let the rebuilding begin, slow start for Crennel but I see him being a solid head coach. Frye becomes the starter and the future later in the season

16. Tennessee- In just a couple seasons salary cap hell takes a perennial playoff team and turns them into the worst in the AFC.

1. New England- Until they prove otherwise they deserve this spot

2. Chiefs- The complete offense and a much improved defense. Ladies and gentlemen I introduce you to your AFC West Champion.

3. Pittsburgh- Same formula different year, Pittsburgh is going to be difficult to beat.

4. Indianapolis- Peyton is still Peyton and the defense looked very good, albeit against a horrible Ravens offense.

5. Buffalo- Same great defense, can JP continue to manage games?

6. Jacksonville- Making strides offensively, very solid defense.  Does Fragile Freddy hold up?

7. Cincinnati- Carson Palmer is going to turn some heads this year, a team on the cusp of a wild card.

8. San Diego- Gates could help them leap frog a few teams down the road. I think the 2004 magic wears off and this team turns out .500

9. Ravens- The defense is truly special, but like 2004 they just don't have the offense to compete.

10. Jets- Atrocious start to the season, so many question marks that seemed to be working against them.  This will be Edwards last year as head coach.

11. Raiders- Plenty of offensive fire power, they need to use Moss as a decoy to open up Jordan and Porter.  Passing defense is not NFL caliber.

12. Dolphins- Powerful start to Sabans tenure. Ferotte will throw for some yards with those receivers and the defense is still pretty solid.

13. Broncos- Plummers inconsistency, and a the 2004 Browns DL will do this team in. The running game will keep them out of the cellar.

14. Texans- Looked lost in the opener, but Johnson and Davis should be able to get them 5-7 wins.

15. Browns- Let the rebuilding begin, slow start for Crennel but I see him being a solid head coach.  Frye becomes the starter and the future later in the season

16. Tennessee- In just a couple seasons salary cap hell takes a perennial playoff team and turns them into the worst in the AFC.

437128[/snapback]

The Chiefs at #2? I'm not to sure about that

Hate to say it but the road to the SB in the AFC will go thru Indy this year. They have two of the weakest AFC teams (TEN & HOU) in their division. Meanwhile the Pats have the AFC East to deal with and the Chiefs have some tough opponents in the West.