Krumrie

silvermike

This is, of course, premature, but interesting speculation, I think.

Should the defense stay as good as it looked today, Jerry Gray is going to be the next head coach of the (Saints, Seahawks, Titans, etc.). Tim Krumrie seems like his obvious replacement, but that might just be his personality overshadowing his skills - who else on the coaching staff would you like to see promoted?

I just made the point in another thread that jerry will be gone if the bills play like that for 15 more games. I'd LOVE to see krumrie as the next DC of the bills if this happens. I'd say that krumrie is due for a nice DC promotion, so why not keep him in house if gray is promoted somewhere? Anyone who's willing to take on sam adams, pat williams and ron edwards in a lumberjack match deserves to be a DC.

Capers and Seifert (that was probably a joke) - I think if we're getting our coordinators hired away, then I think we want to try to keep the corps together and not bring in outside help.  It'd mean losing more of our guys to Gray's future team.

436969[/snapback]

I would agree except this defense may undergo some massive changes next year...Edwards, Clements may be gone--depending on how we manage the cap--anyone of Milloy, Fletcher, Adams could be cut to save room. If we are just filling in a couple of missing parts I would be for promoting from within. If we are doing a major overhaul--I may look outside to get a name that will attract free agents.

Anyway--all speculation right now. I hope we do well enough this year that Coach Gray is the #1 candidate on everyone's list. He deserves it and we deserve it.

Seifert was a joke by the way...lame attempt at humor

Should the defense stay as good as it looked today, Jerry Gray is going to be the next head coach of the (Saints, Seahawks, Titans, etc.).  Tim Krumrie seems like his obvious replacement, but that might just be his personality overshadowing his skills - who else on the coaching staff would you like to see promoted?

436947[/snapback]

While not on the current staff I could see Mularkey pursuing someone like Haslett, as you indicated might the Saints might be looking for a replacement at HC. As Haslett worked with Mularkey in Pittsburgh and obviously has a history here.

I think most of these responses asking for "the good ole days" with Teddy or - who knows - Wade or others, are off-base. Gray and Williams have created an attacking turnover inducing defense - almost a polar opposite of the 2-deep zones and minimize error defenses of Ted and Co. Just watching Wade's passive defense against Bledsoe made me cringe. Now that I have a taste of this high-sack, high TO defense, I don't wanna go back to the solid, but lo-impact defenses of of years past.

We WILL promote from within to preserve as much continuity as possible in case Grey gets hired away.

Haslett is safe. Given the situation in NO, Haslett will not be fired. And he is 1-0 right now anyway.

TC would not come back to Buffalo. He might have a chances elsewhere.

Most likely should Gray (am hold over from GW tenure) get a HC position, he would take whoever wanted to leave. I would guess that Kunrie would stay with Buffalo as DC before leaving to take a similar situation somewhere else. Most likely, Gray would hire Blackmon as his DC.

Guest BackInDaDay
I think most of these responses asking for "the good ole days" with Teddy or - who knows - Wade or others, are off-base.  Gray and Williams have created an attacking turnover inducing defense - almost a polar opposite of the 2-deep zones and minimize error defenses of Ted and Co.  Just watching Wade's passive defense against Bledsoe made me cringe.  Now that I have a taste of this high-sack, high TO defense, I don't wanna go back to the solid, but lo-impact defenses of of years past.

We WILL promote from within to preserve as much continuity as possible in case Grey gets hired away.

437038[/snapback]

Not a "bend-but-don't-break" fan, eh? :angry:

Good post!

Should the defense stay as good as it looked today, Jerry Gray is going to be the next head coach of the (Saints, Seahawks, Titans, etc.).  Tim Krumrie seems like his obvious replacement, but that might just be his personality overshadowing his skills - who else on the coaching staff would you like to see promoted?

436947[/snapback]

You guys might think I'm way off base for this, but I think the DC that'd be very, very similar in style to ours is Gene Chiznik.

He'd be a badass D coord.

436947[/snapback]

I said this very thing at the start of last year's season. I didn't think he'd be here this year.

if the Vikings season opener is any indication of the rest of the season, Tice may be out of a job and i'd like to grab his DCoordinator, and bring back Ted Cotrell

437031[/snapback]

Teddys style has always been a bend but do not break defense....Though

he is a good guy, his style of D has not been acceptable at the Jets or

the Vikes...I would prefer some one from in house who can continue the

Jerry Grays aggresive philosophy within the confines of the capabilities

of the players we have...