there ANY way those can become our permanent unis?

jester43

i feel i have been patient and tolerant of the navy, crimson, nickel gray with royal trim abominations long enough. after today i never want to see them again. and really, when the nicest thing i have ever been able to say about them is that they are not as bad as the sabres uniforms...well, that tells you we are due for an upgrade anyway.

other than buying throwback jersies like mad (i have been waiting for them to offer them in a few more players), is there anything else we can do to affect a permanent change? i am thinking about when the jets brought theirs out a few years ago and everyone loved them so much they just kept them.

any ideas?? hmm....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a few petitions thrown around might not hurt the situation. Also, i do believe that there is a waiting period set up, so don't expect it this season. We are the fans, the consumers... If we want the change bad enough, we'll demand that it take place.

i am thinking about when the jets brought theirs out a few years ago and everyone loved them so much they just kept them.

The JETS slightly tweaked their throwbacks when bringing them back that many of their fans didn't even notice ...

Originally the logo had pointed tips, just like a football. They then rounded off the pointed tips when bringing it back.

Also, their logo was on more of an angle, now it sits more leveled ...

JETS Helmet 65-71 .... JETS current helmet

I'd love to see us bring back those uni's, as long was we keep the black shoes, the 1965 socks like we had on today,

and blue pants for road games like in 1973

:doh:

The JETS slightly tweaked their throwbacks when bringing them back that many of their fans didn't even notice  ...

Originally the logo had pointed tips, just like a football. They they rounded off the pointed tips when bringing it back.

Also, their logo was on more of an angle, now it sits more leveled ...

JETS Helmet 65-71  ....      JETS current helmet

I'd love to see us bring back those uni's, as long was we keep the black shoes, the 1965 socks like we had on today,

and blue pants for road games like in 1973

;)

436672[/snapback]

i wonder how much $$ they spent on market research before deciding to make that change?? :doh:

As an aside, I ran into a guy wearing an OJ Simpson jersey the other night. Told him I hadn't seen one in a while. He said he wears it for the controversy. (He thought he was "da man" anyway...women thought he was lame...)

Honestly, I can't remember seeing an OJ jersey in many years. Anyone wear "way back" throwback jerseys regular? Maybe a Kemp, a Sestak or a Rolle? Rutkowski or Dubinion? I don't wear "colors" when I go to watch a game, but I might do it in the spirit of the legacy of what is really quite a remarkable franchise. As a ghost, maybe I'm thinking that we need to conjure history. Us ghosts think that way sometimes.

Anyone wear "way back" throwback jerseys regular? Maybe a Kemp, a Sestak or a Rolle? Rutkowski or Dubinion? I don't wear "colors" when I go to watch a game, but I might do it in the spirit of the legacy of what is really quite a remarkable franchise. As a ghost, maybe I'm thinking that we need to conjure history. Us ghosts think that way sometimes.

436814[/snapback]

F**k Kemp, we shouldda traded him instead of Darryl Lamonica, I'm still haunted about that one ... :doh:

For '65 - '73 throwbacks, I'd like to wear a # 86 Marlin Briscoe jersey ... or Bob Chandler # 81

;)

As an aside, I ran into a guy wearing an OJ Simpson jersey the other night. Told him I hadn't seen one in a while. He said he wears it for the controversy. (He thought he was "da man" anyway...women thought he was lame...)

Honestly, I can't remember seeing an OJ jersey in many years. Anyone wear "way back" throwback jerseys regular? Maybe a Kemp, a Sestak or a Rolle? Rutkowski or Dubinion? I don't wear "colors" when I go to watch a game, but I might do it in the spirit of the legacy of what is really quite a remarkable franchise. As a ghost, maybe I'm thinking that we need to conjure history. Us ghosts think that way sometimes.

436814[/snapback]

oj jerseys are sometimes seen in the halls where i teach. one kid has the '75 model, another has an o.j. niners jersey.