JP Owes that Line a HUGE steak dinner tonight...

NavyBillsFan

True, but I thought they did a damn good job in the second half, finally opening up some holes for Willis. I think they started wearing them down, probably because they were on the field so much.

agree.  i thought jp and willis made the line look better than they were.  they had their moments, but overall they were just ok.

436669[/snapback]

That's how most good teams do it. There are very few great O-lines that can do it all by themselves.

JPs pocket presence is very good for a young QB (maybe all that Tulane experience helped). On the other hand, Carr looked like a younger version of DB back there.

agree.  i thought jp and willis made the line look better than they were.  they had their moments, but overall they were just ok.

436669[/snapback]

You gotta give them a little more credit. In pass protection, there were times that JP had all day to throw. I haven't seen anything like it from a Bills o-line in ten years. I'll agree that their rush blocking wasn't great.

Agreed.... all things being equal, the line is arguably the same as last year's line, maybe less minus Jonas... BUT, all things AREN'T equal.

Look how a mobile QB can improve a line!

Very very nice JP...

436523[/snapback]

Sacks yes but not run blocking. Willis looked like a throw-away scrub in the 1st half. I'm glad the line was able to turn it around later.