Notre Dame at Michigan

Tux of Borg

This disgusts me beyond all imagination! I will not take anything away from Notre Dame today, but Michigan should be ashamed of themselves for losing this game.

After getting outplayed in the 1st half, the Wolverines went in readjusted the defense and really shut down the Irish to only 50 something yards in the entire second half. Michigan's defense has taken a lot of serious criticism, which is understandable. Still they stepped up and made plays when they needed too and gave the offense numerous times to score.

Instead the offense threw away 3 golden opportunities to get points on the board. Everyone is going to say how the Irish destroyed the Wolverines today which is nonsense. They beat them, they did not beat them up. As I said the Irish's gameplan in the first half worked very good and they looked dominant. In the second half however the Wolverines took control, but kept shooting themselves in the foot over, and over, and over again.

The Wolverines should let this game hang over their heads for the entire season. This is a game that they had a chance of winning and they let it get away from themselves. Even if they go on to win the rest of their games this year, it still will more likely not get them to the Rose Bowl. The offensive players should let this game haunt them for a long time, because they can point to this game as to why they will have no shot at a national title. :w00t: