Al Gore is a good man

Mickey

This Al Gore?

Yeah, my Hero.  Slob the nob of the politicians you supposedly identify with and the mess we're in is truly your own.

436075[/snapback]

Yeah what a creep. Giving 50 grand away one year, 30 some odd grand another, flying 270 hospital patients and doctors out of a ruined city but oooooooo back in 1998 he only gave away three hundred to charity. Lets stone him.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know Al Gore, so I cant make assumptions about him. It is very good of him to help with relief efforts, and anyone who disagrees with that is crazy.

Its no different than any of us donating a few dollars towards relief at the grocery store. We do what we can.

Al Gore is a private citizen, just like us. He chose to go there.  We're still here.  He chose to use his own funds. 

435797[/snapback]

I am still here because the Red Cross told me they did not need me this month. I called to volunteer to go down to the Gulf with my own funds. They told me they definately need help next month and to call back at the end of the month. The Red Cross also needs lots of help locally so volunteer and help your American brothers and sisters!

Something I caught on a Blog a little while ago...

God Damn, great job Al Gore. Thank you so much. I cant even begin to express my heart felt gratitude to you for doing something so many people have not thought to do. You and only you. Jumping in there like that is really above and beyond anything any politician has ever done. Thank you Mr. Gore. God Bless you all.

This message brought to by, moveon.org

I didnt think our board was so famous.

Not a criticism of Mr. Gore there Coach, but I'm tired of playing the politics card with a natural disaster like this.

You may not be so tired of it, but I am.  Carry on.

437905[/snapback]

Yes, I recall vividly your many posts skewering all the speakers, including the Prez, at the Republican Convention last summer for not being able to complete a single sentence without mentioning 9/11.

Talk about the shameful use of a disaster for political gain....it was a political convention on national television after all. Contrast that with Gore's good deed about which he has refused interviews. He did what he did as a non-office holder who is not running for anything. The Prez was most certainly an office holder and a candidate and on national TV no less. As for blatant use of disaster for political gain, Bush beats Gore handily....for real this time. 0:)

Yeah what a creep. Giving 50 grand away one year, 30 some odd grand another, flying 270 hospital patients and doctors out of a ruined city but oooooooo back in 1998 he only gave away three hundred to charity.  Lets stone him.

436093[/snapback]

Nah, let's publically blow him instead. Sometimes you are the most pathetic poster on this site - but it's only when you're trying to defend something that's truly indefensible. Of course, that goes with the job.

$350 out of $200,000.00. What a terrific guy. My hero. The guy who lost the Presidency because he couldn't win his own state. You know, where the people know him best.

0:)

Nah, let's publically blow him instead.  Sometimes you are the most pathetic poster on this site - but it's only when you're trying to defend something that's truly indefensible.  Of course, that goes with the job.

$350 out of $200,000.00.  What a terrific guy.  My hero.  The guy who lost the Presidency because he couldn't win his own state.  You know, where the people know him best.

0:)

438100[/snapback]

Since when have you started channeling Ann Coulter?

Yes, calling a guy a "good man" for helping to rescue 270 people in the wake of the worst natural disaster in the history of the US is tantamount to a public blow job as opposed to measured and warranted praise. What was I thinking?

Becasue you are such a balanced non-partisan, perhaps you would be willing to be as quick with your praise as your criticism or at least, in this case, publish all of his charitable giving rather than just what he gave in a year specially selected to make him look bad. Further, if you were interested in being fair, you might examine his entire tax return that year along with his family expenses to see if he had more than $300 to give.

Yes, calling a guy a "good man" for helping to rescue 270 people in the wake of the worst natural disaster in the history of the US is tantamount to a public blow job as opposed to measured and warranted praise.  What was I thinking?

Becasue you are such a balanced non-partisan, perhaps you would be willing to be as quick with your praise as your criticism or at least, in this case, publish all of his charitable giving rather than just what he gave in a year specially selected to make him look bad.  Further, if you were interested in being fair, you might examine his entire tax return that year along with his family expenses to see if he had more than $300 to give.

438118[/snapback]

Yeah, I hear after expenses his family only had a buck fiddy to give. 0:)

Yes, calling a guy a "good man" for helping to rescue 270 people in the wake of the worst natural disaster in the history of the US is tantamount to a public blow job as opposed to measured and warranted praise.  What was I thinking?

Becasue you are such a balanced non-partisan, perhaps you would be willing to be as quick with your praise as your criticism or at least, in this case, publish all of his charitable giving rather than just what he gave in a year specially selected to make him look bad.  Further, if you were interested in being fair, you might examine his entire tax return that year along with his family expenses to see if he had more than $300 to give.

438118[/snapback]

Yeah, I doubt a guy who's made millions from his affiliation with Occidental Petroleum and had nearly $200K in income that year (not including his per diem and other Congressional perks) had only $300 to give. Perhaps it has something to do with not trusting a career politician who has proven time and time again to be untrustworthy and hypocritical. It must be my love for the Republicans skewing my judgement. 0:)

Pardon me for not wanting to waste another minute of my time "researching" what a hypocritical douche bag Al Gore actually is (try doing an advanced search on this site, using little more than "Al Gore" and my username - you'll see I've done it ad nauseum). Especially for when the person defending him is desperately trying to find ANYTHING about ANY liberal that can be reported in a positive manner - Mostly to validate his own pathetic politics.

Let me just openly wonder how long your mouth would move up and down if the person the story was being told about was named Trent Lott. Yeah. Right.

Yeah, I doubt a guy who's made millions from his affiliation with Occidental Petroleum and had nearly $200K in income that year (not including his per diem and other Congressional perks) had only $300 to give.  Perhaps it has something to do with not trusting a career politician who has proven time and time again to be untrustworthy and hypocritical.  It must be my love for the Republicans skewing my judgement.  0:)

Pardon me for not wanting to waste another minute of my time "researching" what a hypocritical douche bag Al Gore actually is (try doing an advanced search on this site, using little more than "Al Gore" and my username - you'll see I've done it ad nauseum).  Especially for when the person defending him is desperately trying to find ANYTHING about ANY liberal that can be reported in a positive manner -  Mostly to validate his own pathetic politics.

Let me just openly wonder how long your mouth would move up and down if the person the story was being told about was named Trent Lott.  Yeah.  Right.

438198[/snapback]

AD, you're forgetting that it's twice as important to give when the cameras are rolling.

:(