I need Urgent help finding the game

plenzmd1

I would imagine that the vast amount of the regulars who used to meet at Bobby McGhee's

probably have DIRECTV now and watch us play in the confines of their own homes, I sure do ...

Was fun meeting up back then though ... and it was quite roomy there and it rocked ..

:lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Were any of you members of the South OC Bills Backers?  If so, what happened???

435236[/snapback]

I went to the OC Bills Backers bar for the season opener a few years ago because the LA Bills Backers didn't know where they were going to be. It was a new bar for them and there were a lot of people in there. I ordered food and watched in horror like the rest as they struggled to obtain the satellite signal. The manager claimed that no one could tune the game in but that turned out to be false as people called friends at other bars to see if the game was on. The first quarter came and went as I waited for the check so I could book it to another sports bar in the vicinity. I missed most of the first half and Bills lost anyway. I've never been to another OC Bills Backer's event since but I wish them better luck.

I kept to myself, mostly, except when we'd score and I was drunk. I used to run around the place high-fiving everyone after a score. Loner, was I.

435322[/snapback]

I was almost always at the bar on a barstool. Didnt like the big screen and too far away from the booze. We had a good group up at the bar. I could have been the guy that stuck his foot out and tripped you when you were running through, high fiving everyone. :lol: That was a great group of fans there. AKC was one.

I went to the OC Bills Backers bar for the season opener a few years ago because the LA Bills Backers didn't know where they were going to be. It was a new bar for them and there were a lot of people in there. I ordered food and watched in horror like the rest as they struggled to obtain the satellite signal. The manager claimed that no one could tune the game in but that turned out to be false as people called friends at other bars to see if the game was on. The first quarter came and went as I waited for the check so I could book it to another sports bar in the vicinity. I missed most of the first half and Bills lost anyway. I've never been to another OC Bills Backer's event since but I wish them better luck.

435323[/snapback]

Yeah, I was there....that SUCKED!!!

I kept to myself, mostly, except when we'd score and I was drunk. I used to run around the place high-fiving everyone after a score. Loner, was I.

435322[/snapback]

Weren't you were that wacky guy that ran around the bar naked everytime the Bills scored with your wang painted red, white and blue. Or was that left over from Faaaaaavio from the night before. :lol:

In Anaheim on Ball Road, just east of the Santa Ana Fwy there used to be another bar &

restaurant that was exclusively for BILLS fans, and the name of it just won't come to me.

Anybody know that one ? I used to go there before I knew about Bobby McGhees, so

yer talkin' very early 90's here ... Don't know if they're still happenin' ...

In Anaheim on Ball Road, just east of the Santa Ana Fwy there used to be another bar &

restaurant that was exclusively for BILLS fans, and the name of it just won't come to me.

Anybody know that one ?  I used to go there before I knew about Bobby McGhees, so

yer talkin' very early 90's here ... Don't know if they're still happenin' ...

435337[/snapback]

Was that Nationals?

Bobby McGees. That was it. Going back about 10 years ago when I first came to  LA. What a great time that was. Backers hd the place all to themselves. Ran the P.A. system playing "Shout!" after every score,, raffles with great stuff, great people...just a blast. Unfortunately, the place used to be dark as hell, my body would forget it was 9:30 a.m. and I'd be shitfaced by noon and then would have my girlfriend drive me back to Long Beach. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

435313[/snapback]

I have been to a Bobby McGees in Scotsdale- good times