I need Urgent help finding the game

plenzmd1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy Nolans is a BILLS bar ? ... I'll be damned !

435099[/snapback]

Well... The LA Bills Backers DID meet there temporarily, after the bar we were going to transformed into a disco, but they put us upstairs which is 'O' shaped so everyone had to sit along the walls and crane their necks to catch sight of a small-screen TV. After that we started going to Q's in Pasadena which had a lot of floor space and a projection television screen. Now it's transforming into a Barney's Beanery and will be closed for the season during renovation. Oh well...

Moose McGillicuddy's only has room for about 35 people, and no projection screen. While it was probably fine for Bills fans bleeding over from Q's to find a better seat, which is only two doors down, it's probably just not big enough.

I'm probably going to check out Hollywood Billiards instead.

435183[/snapback]

You won't be dissapointed...they always have a nice setup...unless we start losing a ton of games, and then you get banished to one of the crappy little tv's behind the bar..ahha.

That happened last year, after our great start...and then we were on this little tv...in the "new york" room. It's a room that plays just Jets/Giants games since there are usually more fans for those teams there than any other. So they have their own room, with a big ass tv, and great sound system. When we beat the jets last year, I thought I was going to have a beer thrown at me because of how much I was celebrating.

Anyway, the little tv behind the bar became our good luck charm...with our run at the end of the season. Unfotunately, they put us on a HDTV for the pittsburg game :lol:

Hope to see a lot of bills fans this sunday!

Peace,

Steve

You won't be dissapointed...they always have a nice setup...unless we start losing a ton of games, and then you get banished to one of the crappy little tv's behind the bar..ahha.

That happened last  year, after our great start...and then we were on this little tv...in the "new york" room. It's a room that plays just Jets/Giants games since there are usually more fans for those teams there than any other. So they have their own room, with a big ass tv, and great sound system. When we beat the jets last year, I thought I was going to have a beer thrown at me because of how much I was celebrating.

Anyway, the little tv behind the bar became our good luck charm...with our run at the end of the season. Unfotunately, they put us on a HDTV for the pittsburg game :lol:

Hope to see a lot of bills fans this sunday!

Peace,

Steve

435191[/snapback]

Allright, I am officialyy in. BTW, bout 20 miles to the track, not great but not miserable. See ya there dude. Losman jersey and smoking girlfriend, should be easy to find

Oh yeah - not too far from beverly HIlls - 1/2 hour maybe...

434771[/snapback]

1/2 hour from the Bev Hilton to Pasadena??? The closest freeway to the Bev Hilton is at least 20 minutes away. Unfortunately the one you need to take to get to Pasadena is at least 30-40 minutes. Leave at 8:30 give yourself plenty of time. Freeways here can be tricky. Oh BTW, the Beverly Hilton..........you do realize that's actually Paris Hilton's 72 year old great aunt. :lol:

Actually it's nice. Used to be a chef for the Hilton chain.

Well... The LA Bills Backers DID meet there temporarily, after the bar we were going to transformed into a disco, but they put us upstairs which is 'O' shaped so everyone had to sit along the walls and crane their necks to catch sight of a small-screen TV. After that we started going to Q's in Pasadena which had a lot of floor space and a projection television screen. Now it's transforming into a Barney's Beanery and will be closed for the season during renovation. Oh well...

Moose McGillicuddy's only has room for about 35 people, and no projection screen. While it was probably fine for Bills fans bleeding over from Q's to find a better seat, which is only two doors down,  it's probably just not big enough.

435183[/snapback]

I remember right before I got my DIRECTV & NFL Sunday Ticket in Nov '94, everyone

use to meetup at Bobby McGee's in Burbank right off the 5 Fwy ... Was fun times there,

but damn the food was shít !

They were closed down from what I had heard ...

and my girlfriend in her hot bills shirt.

You should be aware that such statements traditionally require links for authentication :lol:

1/2 hour from the Bev Hilton to Pasadena???  The closest freeway to the Bev Hilton is at least 20 minutes away.  Unfortunately the one you need to take to get to Pasadena is at least 30-40 minutes. Leave at 8:30 give yourself plenty of time.  Freeways here can be tricky.  Oh BTW, the Beverly Hilton..........you do realize that's actually Paris Hilton's 72 year old great aunt.  :lol:

Actually it's nice.  Used to be a chef for the Hilton chain.

435208[/snapback]

Hey, I didn't know that. You weren't the chef who got caught in a three-way with the Hilton sisters in the service elevator, were you?

I remember right before I got my DIRECTV & NFL Sunday Ticket in Nov '94, everyone

use to meetup at Bobby McGee's in Burbank right off the 5 Fwy ... Was fun times there,

but damn the food was shít !

They were closed down from what I had heard ...

435210[/snapback]

Yep, it's a BJ's brewery restaurant now. It's been misery for the LA Bills Backers ever since. Gitana, Geppetto's, Timmy Nolan's, Q's and now Moose McGillicuddy's. We keep getting evicted for one reason or another.

Yep, it's a BJ's brewery restaurant now. It's been misery for the LA Bills Backers ever since. Gitana, Geppetto's, Timmy Nolan's, Q's and now Moose McGillicuddy's. We keep getting evicted for one reason or another.

435228[/snapback]

Were any of you members of the South OC Bills Backers? If so, what happened???

435228[/snapback]

What happened to the place just off Olive Street near Glendale. Wasn't that a Moose McGillicuddys or some such bar? There used to be about 150 Bills Backers there.

What happened to the place just off Olive Street near Glendale. Wasn't that a Moose McGillicuddys or some such bar? There used to be about 150 Bills Backers there.

435284[/snapback]

We used to take over a place in Garden Grove. It was huge and there were probably 200 people Bills fans during a big game. One weekend a Dolphin fan came in, nobody noticed him but me. He looked around and saw nothing but red, white and blue. He gingerly walked around the perimeter of the place to the bar and ordered a drink. The bartender refused and told him if he knew what was good for him he'd leave. Put it this way, that was one smart Dolphin's fan.

435284[/snapback]

Bobby McGee's was near the intersection of Olive and First in Burbank. Gitana was nearby at the intersection of Magnolia and Third and Geppetto's was on Olive, I think. Bobby McGee's is a BJ's now, Gitana lost their liquor license and closed down and Geppetto's is a nightclub now. There was no place left for us in Burbank, so we went to Timmy Nolan's which was too cramped and then ended up at Q's in Pasadena which is now closed for renovation. They'll be at Moose's now, but I don't think that's going to work out for the same reasons that Timmy Nolan's didn't; it's probably a stop-gap at best.

Bobby McGee's was near the intersection of Olive and First in Burbank. Gitana was nearby at the intersection of Magnolia and Third and Geppetto's was on Olive, I think. Bobby McGee's is a BJ's now, Gitana lost their liquor license and closed down and Geppetto's is a nightclub now. There was no place left for us in Burbank, so we went to Timmy Nolan's which was too cramped and then ended up at Q's in Pasadena which is now closed for renovation. They'll be at Moose's now, but I don't think that's going to work out for the same reasons that Timmy Nolan's didn't; it's probably a stop-gap at best.

435305[/snapback]

Bobby McGees. That was it. Going back about 10 years ago when I first came to LA. What a great time that was. Backers hd the place all to themselves. Ran the P.A. system playing "Shout!" after every score,, raffles with great stuff, great people...just a blast. Unfortunately, the place used to be dark as hell, my body would forget it was 9:30 a.m. and I'd be shitfaced by noon and then would have my girlfriend drive me back to Long Beach. :lol::lol::lol:

Moose McGillicuddy's only has room for about 35 people, and no projection screen. While it was probably fine for Bills fans bleeding over from Q's to find a better seat, which is only two doors down,  it's probably just not big enough.

435183[/snapback]

All last season they put the game on downstairs on the HDTV behind the main bar. not too crowded and mainly Bills fans, I wouldnt go so far as to say its an official Bills Backer bar but close enuff. In addition, FREE hot dogs starting at around 11:30am.

Bobby McGees. That was it. Going back about 10 years ago when I first came to  LA. What a great time that was. Backers hd the place all to themselves. Ran the P.A. system playing "Shout!" after every score,, raffles with great stuff, great people...just a blast. Unfortunately, the place used to be dark as hell, my body would forget it was 9:30 a.m. and I'd be shitfaced by noon and then would have my girlfriend drive me back to Long Beach. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

435313[/snapback]

Wonder if I met you there. I went to McGee's for every game for the last few years before they closed it.