just a question on clements

Horus

how is it indy seems to be able to pay manning huge amounts of money along with harrison and still be able to bring in corey simons and buffalo seems to wonder if they can afford what clements want? I dont see anybody on bills makeing that kinda of cash and yet we wonder if clements will be here next year. Is it a "we're not gonna pay anybody that kind money ever" thing or do the bills really not have the money to give him? Are the bills paying a lot of good guys middle wages while indy pays 3 or 4 guys high wages and everybody else crap?

oh well just windering seeings it looks as if nothing is gonna be settled this season.

how is it indy seems to be able to pay manning huge amounts of money along with harrison and still be able to bring in corey simons and buffalo seems to wonder if they can afford what clements want? I dont see anybody on bills makeing that kinda of cash and yet we wonder if clements will be here next year. Is it a "we're not gonna pay anybody that kind money ever" thing or do the bills really not have the money to give him? Are the bills paying a lot of good guys middle wages while indy pays 3 or 4 guys high wages and everybody else crap?

oh well just windering seeings it looks as if nothing is gonna be settled this season.

434442[/snapback]

Well, we do have a $9,000,000/year right tackle.

:unsure:

I think TD has been talking with Darcy Regier on how to be cheap and not keep star players around (Satan, Hasek, Zhitnik, Peca).

The Bills should definitely pursue Clements and keep him in the fold. Either that or put the FRANCHISE tag on him ala Peerless Price.

We are a lot deeper on defense than Indy is... and also there marquee defender, Freeney is still on his original rookie contract. They are young on defense in several positions where we have had key Free agent pickups on D in at least a half dozen positions.

I think TD has been talking with Darcy Regier on how to be cheap and not keep star players around (Satan, Hasek, Zhitnik, Peca).

The Bills should definitely pursue Clements and keep him in the fold. Either that or put the FRANCHISE tag on him ala Peerless Price.

434464[/snapback]

There is no way the Bills will pay Clements what he thinks he's worth. Champ Bailey got an $18 million bonus and a $63 million contract. The CB free agents this year got way overpaid.

Antoine Winfield was not worth the money he got from the Vikes.

Here's what I think will happen:

Clements plays all year at his current rate. Next year the Bills either slap the tag on him and keep him for another year at the top 5 position average salary or let him go by cutting or trade. This may be cheaper than trying to re-sign him at free market prices. In the meantime, the Bills either draft or groom his replacement. (like T McGee)

They could get two more years out of him for a reasonable two year average salary and then TD moves on to someone else. CB's don't last forever.

It's business, not personal. I think it's the smart move too. This is nothing against Clements. He's a very good player.

TD is not that sentimental. Winfield didn't get what he wanted from TD, Peerless didn't get what he wanted from TD, and Pat Williams didn't get what he wanted from TD.

I see a pattern here.

If we're gonna groom someone to replace clements I'd rather it be someone taller than 5'9. No offense to terrence mcgee I think he's developed nicely and will make a good carrer #2 corner, he has a knack for making plays, but as far as a #1 corner goes, Clements is the total package he has the size the speed, the knack for making plays and scoring touchdowns. Defensive players who score touchdowns are a very rare breed, and worth keeping around. I truly believe Clements is the premiere corner in the league, I won't debate it, cause I'm not changing my mind based on 1 game where btw earlier in the game ripped the ball out of smiths hands for a nice int. Every corner has an off day. Clements off days to me were few and far between. I'd be quicker to let terrence mcgee walk then Nate Clements. Good return men can be found. Defensive players who score touchdowns are harder to come by. PAY NATE TOM!!